Save Time & Money This Back To School Season
Disclosure: I am a member of the Total Wireless Team and have been compensated for my time. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Did you know that families with school age children will spend an average of $630.36 on school supplies and apparel in 2015? Here is some great information and back to school savings tips to help you save time and some cash. I am all about saving money but sometimes I am will to spend a bit more if it saves me time.
- Shop at home before heading out to the store. You’re bound to discover all sorts of school supplies in perfectly good condition. I found binders, clipboards, scissors and rulers at home that we can reuse this year.
- When you do buy new, splurge on items that are high-quality and durable — you’ll end up saving money in the long run, even if the items are expensive up front. Read about some of my favorite Back To School Backpacks & Coupon Codes to Save on Them.
Save on School Supplies
- Let kids pick one splurge item. It is easier to stay to the list and budget when they get to pick out one fun item. – For example a pencil box, folder, etc.
- Shop sales weekly. As you are doing your regular shopping each week pick up the items that are on sale. Stores assume you will buy everything at once and then you only get some items at a discount. Here on everydaysavvy.com, I list the Weekly Best School Supply Sales and Best Prices with coupon matchups.
- Buy enough to last all year and for home office and art supplies. These are the best prices you will see the whole year.
- Use price matching so you don’t have to run all around town to get the best prices. Here are all the details. How to Save on School Supplies by Price Matching.
- Check out the prices on larger vs smaller packs. Do you need 8 glue sticks between your children? You can split a multi pack. Be sure to check the sale prices though since sometimes it is actually cheaper to buy the smaller packs.
- Check out our Best School Supplies guide with some practical and durable school supplies.
Use Coupons on School Supplies and Clothing
- Before you ever shop online be sure to search for Online Coupon Codes
- There are printable, mobile and newspaper coupons for school supplies and you can search for Printable and Newspaper Coupons
Mobile Phone Service
- With back to school comes after school activities and events. Once my kids were old enough to be dropped off, I wanted them to have a phone so they could reach me but I didn’t want to pay an arm and a leg for service. We recently signed my oldest daughter up for a Total Wireless Account. It is simple and cost effective. You can read more about it here but here are the highlights.
- Don’t pay for more than you need. With Total Wireless you get everything you need and nothing you don’t on America’s largest and most reliable network. No contracts. No credit checks.
- Total Wireless is making wireless services simple again with plans that give you everything you need and nothing you don’t.
- For $35 per month, Total Wireless gives you unlimited Talk and Text and 2.5 GB of data on America’s largest and most reliable network – no contract required. And, for just $10 you can purchase 1.5 GB of shared Carryover™ Add-On data – unused data does not expire with active service.
- For families that have additional needs for devices, lines and data, Total Wireless is one of the first prepaid, no contract shared family data plans in the market. Get two-line plans with 5.0 GB of shared data across devices for $60/month, it’s ideal for couples and families.
Back To School Clothing
- I have ten great tips on How to Save on Back to School Clothes here.
- Save money & time with capsule wardrobes with mix and match outfits
Hope these tips help you save this year on back to school items!