This post brought to you by Boar’s Head. All opinions are 100% mine.
I am a huge fan of Boar’s Head deli meat and was excited to try their Boar’s Head heart-healthy deli meats. If you are looking to make heart-healthy food choices you can choose the nearly 30 Boar’s Head deli meats proudly certified by the American Heart Association, including Ovengold® Turkey, EverRoast® Chicken, Deluxe 42% Lower Sodium Ham and many more. Bearing the American Heart Association’s distinctive red and white Heart-Check mark on the front label, Boar’s Head robust line of certified heart-healthy products meet the organization’s high-standards as part of a healthy dietary pattern
I love that all Boar’s Head Brand meats, cheeses and condiments contain no fillers, by-products, artificial colors or flavors, gluten or trans fat. I tried both the Ovengold® Turkey,and EverRoast® Chicken and boy were they good. I think you can really taste the difference and the quality in Boar’s Head meat. Plus not only is it great tasting, but also low in fat, saturated fat and meet specified limits for sodium.
Sodium is added to so much that we eat today especially lunch meat. This Boar’s Head meat is a great way to cut out the sodium and not sacrifice flavor.
We all know that you can make an amazing sandwich with Boar’s head meat but you can use it to help make a great dinner more quickly too. If you are in a hurry, using pre cooked meats can really speed up dinnertime.
I can’t wait to try the EverRoast Chicken Quinoa Pilaf Recipe. I plan to add it to our meal plan soon. Boar’s Head has a bunch of other great looking recipes on their website. If you are looking for fast and great tasting meals, you should check them out.
EverRoast Chicken Quinoa Pilaf Recipe
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 cup yellow onion (diced very fine)
· 1 cup finely diced celery
· 1 cup carrots finely sliced
· 1 cup dry quinoa
· 1 teaspoon black pepper
· 2 cups chicken stock (low sodium)
· ¼ cup golden raisins
· ½ pound EverRoast Oven Roasted Chicken Breast (diced)
· 1 cup finely diced green onion
1. In a heavy, medium sized saucepan, heat oil on medium. Add yellow onion, celery and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft (about 4-5 minutes).
2. Add Quinoa and pepper and continue cooking, stirring vigorously, until the grain is coated in the oil and smells toasted (about 1 minute).
3. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover. Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed (about 20 minutes).
4. Turn off heat. Add raisins & EverRoast Chicken, cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Place in a serving dish and top with green onion
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.