Looking for a fun and easy treat for you and your kids? Then you will want to check out this simple nutella milkshake recipe. So easy but looks very special when you add the nutella on the rim and the sprinkles. I promise I won’t tell anyone how easy it is to make this yummy and super cute treat! [Read more…]
Looking for an easy back to school treat? Be sure to check out this Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars Recipe. These bars are simple to make from scratch with just a few ingredients including, of course, everyone’s favorite peanut butter and jelly. [Read more…]
Before you know it school will be here again plus my girls also have summer homework to complete. It seems like we are always scrambling to find everything we need when the girls are doing homework. In order to solve that dilemma, I wanted a dedicated spot for highlighters, pencils, crayons, rulers, paper clips and more. Even though both girls have a desk, they often complete their homework in other spots of the house. Therefore, I made the bin portable with all the necessary supplies plus it looks cute too!
I bought all the supplies to make the DIY Homework Station Bin plus all the school supplies at Dollar General. It cost me under $30 for everything.I started with a basic shower caddy and my youngest daughter used washi tape and patterned duct tape to give it some style. She also used the sticker letters to add the word homework to the side. The beauty of this project is that you or your kids can decorate it however you like. Dollar General carries a bunch of cute washi tape patterns and duct tape patterns. We picked pink with white polka dots, mustaches, and owls.
I bought some tumblers that we decorated as well to hold pencils and highlighters. They fit right inside the shower caddy and give some more organization. It helps when everything has an assigned spot. I also bought some small plastic containers in the kitchen section that are perfect for paper clips!
Overall, I love how this project turned out. It is so easy plus inexpensive as well. I think that this DIY homework station will keep us on track for the upcoming school year!
Don’t forget to sign up for our free emails so you are notified of easy DIYs, simple recipes, easy outfits for adults and kids (plus lots of other fun stuff!).
<script async id=”_ck_57013″ src=”https://forms.convertkit.com/57013?v=6″></script>
Check out more DIY and Craft ideas!
Looking for an easy refreshing summer drink made with just a few simple ingredients? This easy peach lemonade recipe is just what you need. The lemonade is made with lemon juice, a fresh peach, and agave nectar. If you want to add a refreshing twist to this recipe you could also add fresh mint.
This recipe is great for every day or even a party. You can feel good serving it to your friends and family because it has no artificial ingredients.
I love these cute paper straws to dress up drinks. Everything just seems more fun with a cute paper straw.
Fresh Easy Peach Lemonade Recipe
(scroll down to bottom of page for printable recipe)
2 Cups lemon juice
Agave nectar to taste
Slice and pit the peach.
Place the peach slices, lemon juice, and agave nectar in a blender.
Serve over ice, garnish with lemon slices and enjoy.
Looking for more great tasty and easy recipes? Check these out!
- 2 Cups lemon juice
- 1 Peach
- Agave nectar to taste
- Mint (if desired)
- Slice and pit the peach.
- Place the peach slices, lemon juice, and agave nectar in a blender.
- Blend well.
- Serve over ice, garnish with lemon slices and enjoy.
- Add fresh mint if desired
Nothing says summer like homemade ice cream. This homemade coconut ice cream recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients. The ice cream at the store tends to full of ingredients that I can’t pronounce which I am trying to avoid. You can feel good about eating this homemade ice cream and feeding it to your family.
We used this Zoku personal ice cream maker to make the ice cream. It is nice because there is no electricity required and you use on any countertop; just pour in your chilled ice cream mixture, churn and scrape the stainless steel bowl, and watch as the ice cream freezes before your eyes. This is a single serve ice cream maker too so for those of us worried about eating too much ice cream in one sitting.
Making asian food at home always has me a bit intimidated. However, this easy Kung Pao chicken recipe is so simple that is perfect for the home cook and is sure to become a family favorite. You need just a few simple ingredients that you cook and mix together for a tasty meal. This recipe is wonderful when you serve with a side of rice. You can also add some sriracha sauce to spice things up.
If you don’t want to steam the vegetables, you can instead add the vegetables to the chicken while it’s getting cooked. The full printable recipe is below. This recipe is great to use up the chicken I purchase in bulk from Zaycon Foods.
Easy Kung Pao Chicken Recipe Ingredients
This recipe requires juts a few ingredients.
½ Pound boneless chicken
1 Tbsp tamari sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
¼ Cup chopped carrots, steamed
¼ Cup chopped green beans, steamed
¼ Cup peas, steamed
¼ Cup corn, steamed
Sesame seeds to taste
Easy Kung Pao Chicken Recipe Directions
First cut the chicken in cubes and take to a pan over medium heat. Next cook the chicken for 1 minute. Add the tamari sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil, and continue cooking until the chicken is golden brown and set aside. In a bowl mix the carrots, green beans, peas and corn. If you don’t want to steam the vegetables, you can instead add the vegetables to the chicken while it’s getting cooked. Add the cooked chicken and mix it. Top with sesame seeds, serve and enjoy. YUM!
- 1 Tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ Cup chopped carrots, steamed
- ¼ Cup chopped green beans, steamed
- ¼ Cup peas, steamed
- ¼ Cup corn, steamed
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Cut the chicken in cubes and take to a pan over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken for 1 minute.
- Add the tamari sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil, and continue cooking until the chicken is golden brown and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the carrots, green beans, peas and corn.
- Add the cooked chicken and mix it.
- Top with sesame seeds, serve and enjoy.
Pancake muffins are a great breakfast that appear and taste special but are so simple to make. So easy, in fact, that older kids could make these on their own and younger kids can easily help. I am in love with all the fresh berries this time of year and this recipe is wonderful with fresh strawberries. The mixture of chocolate and strawberries is hard to resist. It is so yummy! This recipe is great to have with a side of fresh fruit or even a savory breakfast with eggs. These would be great as part of a breakfast buffet.
Pancake muffins would be a great addition to any brunch or shower as well. Since they are small and easy to serve they would work well for any breakfast or brunch party. These muffins though are so simple to make that you don’t need a special occasion. You can make them anytime. The full printable recipe is below.
Strawberry Chocolate Pancake Muffins
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- ⅓ Cup Cocoa powder
- 1 Cup strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl mix the egg, milk, and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Mix well until the batter has no lumps.
- Then add ½ cup strawberries and carefully mix until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and top with the strawberries.
- Take to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Serve and enjoy.
Looking for more great tasty and easy recipes? Check these out!
This Star Red White and Blue Jello Recipe is so cute and your whole family will love it! This is the perfect treat at any patriotic party including Fourth of July and Memorial Day.
The recipe requires just a few ingredients. The full printable recipe and ingredient list is below.
3-3oz packs blue jello
3-3oz packs red jello
3-small envelopes of Knox unflavored gelatin
13 oz can sweetened condensed milk
Make sure you have a Star Shaped cookie cutter to cut out the Jello stars.
This recipe is simple to make but does require quite a bit of time since you need each layer of jello to harden before you add the next one.
1. In a small pot, boil 1 3/4 cup of water and mix in three packs of red Jell-O until dissolved
2. Pour your red Jell-O into the bottom of a clear 9 x 13″ pan
3. Set your pan in the fridge for two hours
4. Place three envelopes of your unflavored gelatin in 1 3/4 cup of cold water mix and bring to a boil
5. Mix in your can of sweetened condensed milk and heat until it comes to a boil, stir constantly to avoid the mixture burning
6. Take your white Jell-O off your heat and let cool for about 15 minutes
7. Pour your white Jell-O over your red Jell-O and set in the fridge for another two hours
8. Using a small pot again, boil 1 3/4 cup of water and mix and three packs of your blue Jell-O until dissolved
9. Let cool for 15 minutes and pour over your white Jell-O
10. Set in the fridge for another two hours
11. Use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut out your shapes
12. Serve and enjoy!
You will have some scraps of Jello after you cut out the stars. These could easily be made into a trifle in cute individual cups! Just layer the jello scraps and whipped cream.
Star Red White and Blue Jello Recipe
- 3-3oz packs blue jello
- 3-3oz packs red jello
- 3-small envelopes of Knox unflavored gelatin
- 13oz can sweetened condensed milk
- In a small pot, boil 1¾ cup of water and mix in three packs of red Jell-O until dissolved
- Pour your red Jell-O into the bottom of a clear 9 x 13" pan
- Set your pan in the fridge for two hours
- Place three envelopes of your unflavored gelatin 1¾ cup of cold water mix and bring to a boil
- Mix in your can of sweetened condensed milk and heat until it comes to a boil, stir constantly to avoid the mixture burning
- Take your white Jell-O off your heat and let cool for about 15 minutes
- Pour your white Jell-O over your red Jell-O and set in the fridge for another two hours
- Using a small pot again, boil 1¾ cup of water and mix and three packs of your blue Jell-O until dissolved
- Let cool for 15 minutes and pour over your white Jell-O
- Set in the fridge for another two hours
- Use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut out your shapes
- Serve and enjoy!
Check out these other red, white and blue desserts that are perfect for Fourth of July or any other patriotic holiday.
Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Cupcakes
Looking for a fun and yummy coffee cupcake recipe? Then check out these Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Cupcakes. They are easy to make with a boxed cake mix and Starbucks Via Coffee. Plus we have included a FREE Starbucks cupcake wrapper printable to really make your cupcakes special.
1 box White or Yellow Cake mix
3 Egg Whites
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
1 1/4 cup Water
2 Starbucks Via Ready Brew Coffee, Caramel Flavored
1/2 cup Torani Caramel Sauce
4 cup Powdered Sugar
1 cup Butter
2 tbsp Milk
- Mix 1 1/4 cups hot water with 1 Via packet.
- Make cupcakes according to box directions except use coffee in place of water.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Cut a small square in the top of each cupcake and remove a chunk from the middle of the cupcake.
- Pour a small amount of caramel sauce into the middle of each cupcake.
- Place the top of the “plug” back on each hole.
- Cream butter and 1 packet of Via in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
- Transfer to piping bag or zippered bag and clip corner to pipe.
- Ice each cupcake and drizzle tops with caramel sauce.
- Print FREE Starbucks cupcake wrapper printable
- Cut out cupcake wrapper
- Place each cupcake into wrapper
- Add a straw for decoration if you choose
Love recipes? Check out all our other recipes including Copycat Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Recipe.
Looking for more great tasty and easy recipes? Check these out!
Copycat Starbucks Caramel Homemade Frappuccino Recipe
Love Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino but not the price? Then check out this copycat Starbucks Caramel Homemade Frappuccino Recipe. Easy to make and less than half the price! This recipe requires just two simple steps. It is so easy that you will wonder why you have not been making Homemade Frappuccinos in the past. Be sure to pin this recipe for later! You can do so by clicking the pin it button above. [Read more…]
Are you looking for fun patriotic snacks for Fourth of July or Memorial Day? Then you will want to make these cute American Flag pretzels. They are adorable and easy to make with just 5 ingredients and a microwave. This recipe makes about 14 pretzels and takes about 30 minutes. The full printable recipe is below.
You will also need-
3 microwave safe bowls
Ziplock style bag
3 mixing spoons
1. In three separate microwave safe bowl’s, microwave your candy melts on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until Melted
2. Lay a piece of parchment paper down on the table
3. Dip your pretzel rod into your white chocolate to cover almost all the way (leave a spot to hold the pretzel) and place onto you parchment paper to harden
4. Once hardened, dip the end of your white pretzel rod into your blue chocolate and placed back on your parchment paper
5. Sprinkle on your star sprinkles while the blue chocolate is still soft
6. Pour your melted red chocolate into a plastic Ziploc bag and cut a very small tip off the corner
7. Drizzle your melted red chocolate over the white part of your pretzel and let harden. This doesn’t have to be perfect you can see in the pictures that we just went back and forth a few times and they look great.
The last step is to enjoy your patriotic snacks with friends and family. These are so simple to make that older kids can even help but they look like you were slaving in the kitchen.
- 2 Cups white candy melts
- 1 Cup blue candy melts
- 1 Cup red candy melts
- Star sprinkles (sort out the white ones)
- Pretzels rods
- In three separate microwave safe bowl's, microwave your candy melts on 50% power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until Melted
- Lay a piece of parchment paper down on the table
- Dip your pretzel rod into your white chocolate to cover almost all the way (leave a spot to hold the pretzel) and place onto you parchment paper to harden
- Once hardened, dip the end of your white pretzel rod into your blue chocolate and placed back on your parchment paper
- Sprinkle on your star sprinkles while the blue chocolate is still soft
- Pour your melted red chocolate into a plastic Ziploc bag and cut a very small tip off the corner
- Drizzle your melted red chocolate over the white part of your pretzel and let harden
Looking for more great tasty and easy recipes? Check these out!
Are you looking for a simple way to make Father’s Day special for the Dads in your life? Then check out these adorable, free printable necktie-shaped bottle tags and cupcake toppers . I included four different tags. Some are more elegant and some are more playful and you can choose which ones fit the Dads in your life. These are so easy to make that even the kids could help cut these out or help assemble them. Plus, you probably already have most of the supplies to complete this project at home! [Read more…]
Here is the wonderful and easy Fourth of July dessert. The fresh berries are perfect for any red, white and blue theme including Memorial Day and Fourth of July. These are so tasty though that they would be great for any get-together or party. This recipe requires just a few simple ingredients but still looks quite fancy. You can whip this up in no time at all and be out having fun in the sun with your friends. This would be easy to bring to a potluck as well. Be sure to scroll down for the full printable recipe.
Red, White, and Blue Easy Fourth of July Dessert Ingredients
1 package mini phyllo shells (I used Athens)
4 oz frozen whipped topping
4 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese – strawberry flavor
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Directions to Make Red, White, and Blue Easy Fourth of July Dessert
1. Place phyllo shells on a cookie sheet and heat in oven according to package directions.
2. Let cool on cookie sheet while you prepare filling.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and whipped topping. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for about 1 minute.
4. Add the powdered sugar and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy.
5. Place filling in a pastry bag or Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off.
6. Sprinkle phyllo cups with powdered sugar.
7. Pipe the filling into each cup.
8. Top each pastry cup with your choice/combination of berries.
9. Sprinkle with more powdered sugar.
Looking for more great tasty and easy recipes? Check these out!
I love these refillable squeeze tubes that you can use to make your own homemade yogurt tubes. What is great is that you can use plain greek yogurt and just add fresh fruit. We used blueberries but you could use any of your favorite berries including strawberries and raspberries. This really cuts down on the sugar that is included in most commercially prepared portable squeeze yogurt tubes. Also, many of the yogurt tubes you buy at the store have artificial colors and flavors. Without too much time and trouble at all, you can make your own yogurt tubes that are made from simple fresh ingredients. You AND your kids will love them! [Read more…]
I am a huge fan of puppy chow recipes or Muddy Buddies as some people call them. This Cake Batter Puppy Chow Recipe is perfect for a party. You can serve it in a large bowl, small individual size party bowls (perfect for kids) or you could even bag it up and hand it out as favors for a birthday party. Not only is this recipe super yummy it is also is so festive and fun. This puppy chow recipe is also very easy to make. You need just a few ingredients that you will microwave, mix in a bowl and then shake in a Ziploc bag. [Read more…]
This Strawberry Jello Pudding Pops Recipe is so simple and so tasty. It is so easy to make that your kids will love to help make them. The hardest part is waiting for them to freeze. I love that this recipe includes fresh fruit. It makes me feel a little better about eating it even though it is a treat.
This recipe requires just a few ingredients and materials. You don’t need a special popsicle form instead you just use paper cups! [Read more…]
This easy DIY flower letter is a fun craft you can do with your older kids as DIY gift for mom, to celebrate spring, for a birthday or many other occasions. I think a single initial or even a full name would be very cute as a decoration in a girl’s room. An adult will need to cut the flowers and make the hole, but the kids can easily paint the cardboard letter and fit the flowers into the holes. If you have kids who are 10 and up, they should be able to do the entire craft with adult supervision. Because the cardboard letters are less than $2, you can easily spell MOM like we did, or words like HAPPY or LOVE as well as a person’s name, their initials or monogram. Just get creative and have fun! [Read more…]
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Tostadas Recipe
I am always on the look out for easy and tasty crockpot recipes. This easy crock pot chicken tostadas recipe fits the bill. It is so simple to make and requires just a few ingredients. This is great on busy days because when you get back from running the kids around to practice and other after school activities dinner is almost ready for you. I headed to Dollar General and was able to purchase most of the ingredients and they were a great price too! Each spice jar was just $1. You can purchase the ingredients at any store though that is convenient.
This year Teacher Appreciation week is May 2-6 2016. It is coming up soon so we thought we would share this cute and easy gift idea.
Are you scrambling to find affordable gifts for Teacher Appreciation Week? I just love these double-walled cups and I made this one into an iced tea themed gift for around $5! I use these cups all summer long when I’m on the go and they wash up so nicely. You can fill them with water or any other beverage and I like that they are double-walled and don’t sweat. This one fits perfectly in the cup holder of my car too. This iced tea gift for teachers would make a great year-end gift too or if you have aids or other teaching staff to recognize these won’t break the bank. When I use this for a year end gift, I usually drop a Target gift card in the cup as well. This ships free if you spend $25 or have a Target Red Card. [Read more…]
This easy strawberry Nutella recipe makes a yummy treat for kids or adults. It requires just three simple ingredients. All these ingredients are easy to have on hand so you can whip this up easily for an after school snack or a delicious treat. My kids love Nutella and adding it to a smoothie is so fun. I love that these are so simple to make as well. This recipe is for just one smoothie but you can easily multiply the ingredients if you want to make more. [Read more…]
Looking for a cute and super easy craft? Then this DIY Lollipop bouquet is for you. It requires just a few simple ingredients and not much craft skill. If you can trace and use scissors, then you can make this cute lollipop bouquet. That makes this craft perfect even for pretty young kids. We used yellow lollipops and I think that makes these look similar to daffodils but you could use any color that matches your home or theme. I think these would be adorable at a wedding or baby shower or for Easter or Mother’s day.
Thin Mints are my favorite Girl Scout cookie by far. I also love brownies. They are both great on their own but put them together and you get something even better…… Thin Mint Brownies! These are so simple to make with a boxed brownie mix however if you have a favorite homemade brownie mix you could use that instead.
My entire family loves Easter and we always seem to acquire so many plastic Easter eggs after the holiday has come and gone. I always try to think of fun and creative ways to upcycle these boring plastic Easter eggs and this year I decided to do Chalkboard Easter Eggs. These are so easy to make and you and your kids can have so much fun decorating them with designs and cute, short sayings or designs! [Read more…]
Sprinkles Gooey Easy Cake Bar Recipe
Looking for an easy Easter treat or dessert for spring? Then check out this Sprinkles Gooey Easy Cake Bar Recipe. Not only are these super cute, they are super tasty too! These are so easy that kids can help you make them. These are also so good I can’t promise how long they will last at your house.
Looking for a fun spring or summer dessert? Then consider this yummy easy key lime pie in a jar recipe. This recipe is so easy to make but looks very special. Your friends will be so impressed with this great dessert and you don’t have to tell them how easy it was to make. There is just something about an individual dessert in a jar that takes it to the next level.
If you can’t be in Florida having Key Lime Pie then this is the next best thing. This would work great for dinner parties or even a wedding or baby shower. This would also be a simple and cute dessert for Easter.
Easy Key Lime Pie in a Jar Recipe
- 1 cup crushed Graham Crackers
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ cup fresh Key Lime Juice.
- Whipped Cream
- 8 4 oz Jars
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix graham crackers and butter until well mixed.
- Press ⅛ of the mixture in the bottom of each jar.
- Combine egg yolks, condensed milk and lime juice. Beat just until smooth.
- Divide lime mixture evenly between jars.
- Place jars on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1 hour then cover and refrigerate to chill.
- When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and lime zest.
Love easy treats and sweet recipes? Here are a few more of our favorites.
With St. Patricks day coming up around the corner it’s such a great time to whip up some homemade gifts to give out to your loved ones. I made these Homemade DIY Mint Bath Salts as a present to myself and they turned out so cute I made a few more batches! [Read more…]
I just love making these spa sock cupcakes and who doesn’t like warm fuzzy socks? I wrapped this sock cupcake for my daughter’s teacher for Valentine’s Day, but you can make these for any holiday or occasion. These cute treats make great, inexpensive gifts for your kids’ teachers, for friends, bridal or baby showers, or even inexpensive party favors for your tween or teen’s birthday party. They are quick and easy to put together and I just love how they look wrapped in cellophane and tied with a pretty ribbon. If you are using these as favors, these would also look adorable if they were set up on a tiered cake plate or on a cupcake tree. [Read more…]
Looking for a healthy and easy meal? Check out this Sausage, Asparagus & Quinoa Meal Recipe. This meal is so simple to make but flavorful and sure to become a family favorite. We all love quinoa in my family and this is a great way to prepare it. My youngest requests it often.
Here are a few in process pictures but be sure to check out the full recipe below.
Saute the fresh asparagus and smoked sausage on medium heat until the asparagus is tender, about 10-15 minutes. I’ve found I didn’t need to add any oil with the sausage.
Serve immediately. However, leftovers also reheat well.
- 1 C. uncooked quinoa (makes 2 C. cooked)
- 1 C. fresh asparagus, washed and the ends cut off
- 8 oz smoked sausage cut into quarters
- 2 C. chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring the 2 cups of chicken broth to a boil.
- Add in the 1 cup of uncooked quinoa. Lower the heat and allow the quinoa to simmer, stirring occasionally, until cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate pan, saute the fresh asparagus and smoked sausage on medium heat until the asparagus is tender, about 10-15 minutes. I've found I didn't need to add any oil with the sausage.
- Add in the 2 cups of cooked quinoa and continue to saute 5-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Leftovers also reheat well.
Don’t forget to sign up for our emails so you are notified of our next simple and tasty recipe (plus lots of other fun stuff!).
Want more easy and tasty recipes? Here are a few of our favorites.
I love a good sugar scrub but don’t love all the extras that are in some commercially prepared ones. Plus they can be expensive. This easy DIY sugar scrub requires just a few ingredients and can be infused with your favorite essential oils. [Read more…]