Pancake muffins are a great breakfast that appear and taste special but are so simple to make. So easy, in fact, that older kids could make these on their own and younger kids can easily help. I am in love with all the fresh berries this time of year and this recipe is wonderful with fresh strawberries. The mixture of chocolate and strawberries is hard to resist. It is so yummy! This recipe is great to have with a side of fresh fruit or even a savory breakfast with eggs. These would be great as part of a breakfast buffet.
Pancake muffins would be a great addition to any brunch or shower as well. Since they are small and easy to serve they would work well for any breakfast or brunch party. These muffins though are so simple to make that you don’t need a special occasion. You can make them anytime. The full printable recipe is below.
Strawberry Chocolate Pancake Muffins
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- ⅓ Cup Cocoa powder
- 1 Cup strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl mix the egg, milk, and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Mix well until the batter has no lumps.
- Then add ½ cup strawberries and carefully mix until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and top with the strawberries.
- Take to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Serve and enjoy.
Looking for more great tasty and easy recipes? Check these out!