One of favorite fall family activities is to go apple picking. In the United States, we were lucky to live near some nice orchards. We usually come home with a ton of apples which is more apples than we can easily eat. I am always on the look-out for great apple recipes like this.
One easy way to use up some of those apples is to make baked apple chips. These work great for a snack or to send in with school lunches. The apples are baked so a bit more healthy. We added some cinnamon and sugar though to make them a sweet treat! Your whole family will love them.
I like to use my Cuisinart Food Processor to cut the apple slices thinly enough to bake.
The full recipe is below.
- 4 Gala apples
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- zip lock bag
- Preheat Oven to 200 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice apples thinly.
- Pour sugar and cinnamon in a zip lock bag.
- Add sliced apples and shake.
- Place apples slices in a single layer on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 200 degrees.
- Bake on one side for 1½ hours then flip them over to the other side and bake for another 1 hour.
- When the final hour is complete turn it off leaving the apple slices inside overnight.
- Store in a zip lock bag.
Don’t forget to sign up for our emails so you are notified of our next simple and tasty recipe (plus lots of other fun stuff!).
Want more easy and tasty recipes?