Looking for a healthy and easy meal? Check out this Sausage, Asparagus & Quinoa Meal Recipe. This meal is so simple to make but flavorful and sure to become a family favorite. We all love quinoa in my family and this is a great way to prepare it. My youngest requests it often.
Here are a few in process pictures but be sure to check out the full recipe below.
Saute the fresh asparagus and smoked sausage on medium heat until the asparagus is tender, about 10-15 minutes. I’ve found I didn’t need to add any oil with the sausage.
Serve immediately. However, leftovers also reheat well.
- 1 C. uncooked quinoa (makes 2 C. cooked)
- 1 C. fresh asparagus, washed and the ends cut off
- 8 oz smoked sausage cut into quarters
- 2 C. chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring the 2 cups of chicken broth to a boil.
- Add in the 1 cup of uncooked quinoa. Lower the heat and allow the quinoa to simmer, stirring occasionally, until cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate pan, saute the fresh asparagus and smoked sausage on medium heat until the asparagus is tender, about 10-15 minutes. I've found I didn't need to add any oil with the sausage.
- Add in the 2 cups of cooked quinoa and continue to saute 5-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Leftovers also reheat well.
Don’t forget to sign up for our emails so you are notified of our next simple and tasty recipe (plus lots of other fun stuff!).
Want more easy and tasty recipes? Here are a few of our favorites.