Looking for an easy treat recipe? Then check out this Cookie Sandwich Recipe from Cake Mix. It is so easy to make and you can change the food coloring to fit any holiday. You could tint the cookie sandwich filling red and green for Christmas. In my pictures, the filling is tinted in fun spring colors for Easter or for any Spring celebration. You could tint the icing red for Valentine’s day too. The options are only limited by your filling color choices. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 box Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, eggs and oil until mixture forms a dough.
- Form dough into 1" balls and place on prepared sheet gently pressing down to flatten to about 2" round.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until edges just start to brown.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Cream butter in a medium bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
- Divide into equal size batches of the number of colors desired and add several drops of color to each.
- Transfer icing to piping bag or to a zippered bag and clip corner.
- Pipe icing onto a cookie starting around edge and filling to middle. Top with another cookie, gently pressing together.
Cookie Sandwich Recipe from Cake Mix
Love recipes? Check out all our other recipes including Copycat Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Recipe.
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.