Somehow my little girl has turned into a tween and with that comes all kinds of new issues to deal with and explore. That is why I was glad to learn about Discovery Girls magazine.
Discovery Girls is a destination where tween girls can express themselves, share ideas, connect with other girls and discover helpful tips for handling life’s ups and downs. Discovery Girls articles and features are written by girls, for girls–which means their content touches on topics that really matters to tweens. Their goal is to help girls grow and develop, forming a positive sense of self through solutions that build confidence, resilience and independence. I love how the magazine doesn’t try to be too grown up and that the girls in the magazine are “real girls”.
They consider all their readers to be “Discovery Girls” – girls who are curious, strong, and enthusiastic about becoming the very best they can be. (I LOVE all those attributes!) In each issue of Discovery Girls, they feature 12 “Discovery Girls” they’ve chosen to represent the state in the magazine. Every other month, they visit a different state for a two-day photo shoot, during which the 12 Discovery Girls from that state help put together the issue.
Overall, I found the magazines to be very age appropriate and great content for tweens. My daughter said that she loved the Discovery Girls magazines. She especially liked that it had stories written by the girls themselves.
Discover Girls is offering on lucky reader a prize pack with the following items.
- 1 complimentary year subscription to the magazine (a $20 value!)
- 1 set of our Fab Girls book set ($40)
- 1 10-Year Anniversary Collector’s Edition, which will encompass 10 years of the best content from the magazine! ($10)
So how can you win?
- Leave a comment on this post with why you would like to win.
Everyone must complete the required entry question. All bonus entries are optional. You will receive one (1) additional entry for each completed bonus entry with comment. Bonus entries will be confirmed before a winner is selected and announced.
You can get extra entries by:
- Liking Bargain Shopper Mom on Facebook
- Signing up for Bargain Shopper Mom Email updates
- Post on Facebook a link to this post. You can use the “Share the Knowledge” link at end of post
- Signing up for the Bargain Shopper Mom RSS feed
- Following Bargain Shopper Mom on Twitter
- Tweeting about this giveaway – “I just entered to win a @DiscoveryGirls prize pack #giveaway via @bargainshopmom” (You can tweet once per day as an additional entry)
Just leave an extra comment for each as an entry. i.e “I am a fan on Facebook.” and/or “I get your e-mail updates.” You are eligible if you are a new fan/reader or a longtime fan/reader. Be sure to leave each a separate comment. Remember each comment equals one entry. Only comments on the blog will count as entries not comments on Facebook or Twitter. This contest will be open until Wednesday, September 28 at 11:59 p.m EST. Winner will be chosen randomly.
Disclosure: This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I was provided a copy of the magaizne and book in order to facilate this review.
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.