Easy Crock Pot Chicken Tostadas Recipe
I am always on the look out for easy and tasty crockpot recipes. This easy crock pot chicken tostadas recipe fits the bill. It is so simple to make and requires just a few ingredients. This is great on busy days because when you get back from running the kids around to practice and other after school activities dinner is almost ready for you. I headed to Dollar General and was able to purchase most of the ingredients and they were a great price too! Each spice jar was just $1. You can purchase the ingredients at any store though that is convenient.
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 - 1.5 lb chicken
- Desired toppings — Mexican style cheese, avocado, tomato, lettuce, sour cream
- Spray crockpot walls with cooking spray
- Add chicken to crockpot
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of the chicken
- Pour ½ of the jar of salsa on top of the chicken
- Place lid on crockpot and cook chicken on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours. (It should be very tender.)
- Shred the chicken while adding in the cooking liquid as you desire
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and bake tortillas for 8 -10 minutes.
- Assembly tostadas with desired toppings
Some other easy family favorite meals
Be sure to check out more easy and delicious recipes here.
Learn How to Save Time & Money This Holiday Season
Want to enjoy the holidays more this year with less stress?
Sign up for our free email class which will help you save time and money AND reduce holiday stress. We will help you with planning and savings tips plus gift ideas for everyone on your list.