Cookie Sandwich Recipe from Cake Mix
Author: Everyday Savvy
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, eggs and oil until mixture forms a dough.
- Form dough into 1" balls and place on prepared sheet gently pressing down to flatten to about 2" round.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until edges just start to brown.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Cream butter in a medium bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
- Divide into equal size batches of the number of colors desired and add several drops of color to each.
- Transfer icing to piping bag or to a zippered bag and clip corner.
- Pipe icing onto a cookie starting around edge and filling to middle. Top with another cookie, gently pressing together.
Recipe by Everyday Savvy at http://everydaysavvy.com/cookie-sandwich-recipe-cake-mix/