Fresh and Simple Fish Taco Recipe
Author: Melissa Buckles
Recipe type: fish
- 1 cup grape tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime
- ½ sweet onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or green or red cabbage, sliced into narrow strips
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound whitefish - Tilapia or other whitefish
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 tortillas (use corn if gluten free)
- 1 avocado, cut into strips
- Cut lime in half and juice. Slice other half into wedges.
- Combine tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, onion, ¼ teaspoon salt and half the lime juice.
- In another bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, and remaining lime juice.
- Combine coleslaw mix/ cabbage with 2 tablespoons of yogurt sauce in another bowl.
- Reserve extra sauce.
- Sprinkle whitefish with chili powder, black pepper, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt
- Grill fish or cook in olive oil in a large pan. Cook 3 minutes in pan then flip and cook two minutes more.
- Serve by placing whitefish on top of tortillas and then adding homemade salsa, cabbage mix, avocado, and yogurt sauce.
Recipe by Everyday Savvy at http://everydaysavvy.com/fresh-easy-fish-taco-recipe/