I was chosen for a project to highlight cooking with the New Hillshire Farm Gourmet Creation Sausage. The sausage comes in four great flavors; Beef and Bacon with Monterey Jack cheese, Chicken Apple with Gouda cheese, Sweet Italian with Peppers and Mozzarella cheese and Beef and Jalapeno with Monterey Jack cheese.
The sausage I chose is Hillshire Farm Gourmet Creations Beef & Bacon Sausage with Monterey Jack Cheese. I figured everything is better with bacon right? I love that it contains NO artificial colors, NO artificial flavors and NO by-products.
I am always on the lookout for quick flavorful meals that my family will love. We often have grilled sausage but I thought I would try a pasta sausage meal to change things up. Click here to see my shopping trip and how I made the recipe.
I decided to use some of the products I had on hand. Here is the recipe I put together.
Beef and Bacon Sausage Pasta
1 package Beef and Bacon Hillshire Farm Gourmet Creations Sausage
3/4 pound pasta
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 small onion chopped
4 cloves garlic minced (I use the frozen crushed garlic from Trader Joe)
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 tsp dried basil
1 cup chopped baby spinach
1/2 grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly water to bowl. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sliced sausage. In a large skillet, heat oil and sausage until slightly browned.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet. Once onions are slighly brown add tomotoes with liquid and basil. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach. Cover and simmer on reduced heat until spinach is slightly tender.
- Add pasta to bowl and top with sausage sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!
This meal is perfect for a special occasion or just a weeknight family meal! My family really liked the sausage and we look forward to trying the other flavors.
Don’t forget to print the $1.00 off HILLSHIRE FARM GOURMET CREATIONS coupon and save yourself some cash!
Looking for more great recipes, check out more recipes here.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.