I was chosen for a project to highlight cooking with the New Hillshire Farm Gourmet Creation Sausage. The sausage comes in four great flavors; Beef and Bacon with Monterey Jack cheese, Chicken Apple with Gouda cheese, Sweet Italian with Peppers and Mozzarella cheese and Beef and Jalapeno with Monterey Jack cheese.
The sausage I chose is Hillshire Farm Gourmet Creations Beef & Bacon Sausage with Monterey Jack Cheese. I figured everything is better with bacon right? I love that it contains NO artificial colors, NO artificial flavors and NO by-products.
I am always on the lookout for quick flavorful meals that my family will love. We often have grilled sausage but I thought I would try a pasta sausage meal to change things up. Click here to see my shopping trip and how I made the recipe.
I decided to use some of the products I had on hand. Here is the recipe I put together.
Beef and Bacon Sausage Pasta
1 package Beef and Bacon Hillshire Farm Gourmet Creations Sausage
3/4 pound pasta
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 small onion chopped
4 cloves garlic minced (I use the frozen crushed garlic from Trader Joe)
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 tsp dried basil
1 cup chopped baby spinach
1/2 grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly water to bowl. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sliced sausage. In a large skillet, heat oil and sausage until slightly browned.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet. Once onions are slighly brown add tomotoes with liquid and basil. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach. Cover and simmer on reduced heat until spinach is slightly tender.
- Add pasta to bowl and top with sausage sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!
This meal is perfect for a special occasion or just a weeknight family meal! My family really liked the sausage and we look forward to trying the other flavors.
Don’t forget to print the $1.00 off HILLSHIRE FARM GOURMET CREATIONS coupon and save yourself some cash!
Looking for more great recipes, check out more recipes here.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All thoughts and opinions are my own.