With St. Patricks day coming up around the corner it’s such a great time to whip up some homemade gifts to give out to your loved ones. I made these Homemade DIY Mint Bath Salts as a present to myself and they turned out so cute I made a few more batches!
These 4 ounce Mason Jars work very well for the bath salts and only cost a little more than $1. Combine with an adorable Homemade Mint Bath Salt Printable that we created and you have yourself a 5 minute gift.
You can either make the mint bath salts with mint extract or peppermint essential oil.
Homemade DIY Mint Bath Salts Ingredients and Instructions
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Epsom Salt
- 3-4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 4 Drops green food coloring (optional)
- Homemade Mint Bath Salt Printable
- Airtight Container - 4 ounce Mason Jars work very well.
- Combine your baking soda, Epsom salt and peppermint essential oil in a small mixing bowl.
- Using a spoon stir the mixture together and make sure it’s combined nicely.
- Add in your 4 drops of food coloring and stir until all the Epsom salt is covered in a minty green color. If you would like your mixture darker just add in a few more drops and be sure to mix well.
- Since we are using such a small amount of food coloring it will not color your skin and it will not ruin your bath tub. The food coloring is optional though.
- Spoon your mixture into an airtight container and store for up to 6 months.
- Place a lid on your container and tie with a pretty ribbon and don’t forget the free printable!
Click here for the Homemade Mint Bath Salt Printable
Click here for 4 ounce Mason Jars available from Amazon
If you are looking for more DIY gifts be sure to check these out.
DIY Iced Tea Teacher Gift – So easy and fun!
You can check out all our craft and DIY ideas here.
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.