Last week the first Michigan Kroger Marketplace location opened. It is it on the northwest corner of 23 Mile and Hayes in Shelby Township. The address is 4945 23 Mile Rd. I had a chance to take a tour of the store before they opened and was quite impressed.
The store has so much to offer. I love that it is one stop shopping. Grab your groceries, a toy for a birthday party and even get your watch battery changed all at one location. I was happy to see they have a huge organic produce section and lots of Michigan products including a large selection Michigan beers and wine.
This video will give you a store tour with pictures.
Kroger Marketplace Specialty Departments
Murray’s Cheese Shop
- Murray’s Cheese has been in business since 1940 and started moving into the grocery market as a way to offer cheeses to more people. It opened the first Kroger outlet six years ago in Cincinnati, where Kroger is headquartered.
- Murray’s Cheese is a well-respected cheese store in Greenwich Village of New York, with another location at Grand Central Terminal.
- At the Shelby Twp. Kroger Marketplace customers will have access to more than 200 specialty cheeses, handpicked by Murray’s Cheese.
- Over the past three years, Murray’s has trained more than 1,000 Kroger associates in their “red jacket training” program. Kroger staffs each location with a cheesemaster and cheese associates who have received extensive cheese service training from Murray’s. Before each store opening, the cheesemaster and store managers travel to New York City for on-the-ground training at Murray’s Cheese flagship location.
- If you don’t know anything about cheese or if you know everything about cheese, it will be fun to shop at Kroger and learn from the cheese experts in the Deli department. It’s a choose-your-own adventure at the cheese counter. Murray’s philosophy is taste before you buy so you’re welcome to swing by anytime to try a new cheese.
- The deli department offers a fresh, sushi, hot soup, and an olive island.
- In the Bakery department, customers have access to a state-of-the-art, user-friendly bread slicer for fresh, Artisan bread made daily.
Produce, Floral and Natural Food department
- More than 120+ organic fruit and vegetables, and a wide selection of fresh cut fruits available.
- The Produce department features a grind your own peanut butter machine (in Natural Foods department).
- The Natural Food department offers a full line of Organic and Natural Simple Truth items.
- In the Floral department, customers can build their own bouquet of fresh cut flowers and choose from a variety of balloons and custom gift baskets.
- Parents can find everything they need in one fast stop in the Shelby Twp. Kroger Marketplace Baby World department.
- The department carries a wide selection of baby basics in addition to baby food, formula, and diapers, such as baby apparel, bibs, cribs, playards, car seats, strollers, high chairs, baby swings and more.
- Baby items are sold at budget-friendly prices and include brands such as Graco.
- Customers can find all their kitchen essentials in the Houseware department, including utensils, dinnerware, small appliances, glassware and cookware.
- Quality brands are sold in the Kitchen Place department, including Cuisinart, KitchenAid, and Pyrex.
- The department also offers Dyson Vacuums and Keurig coffee makers.
- Customers can find a wide selection of toys, games, and plush animals for all ages.
- Popular brands sold, include Lego, Disney, Barbie, Nerf, Fisher Price, Preskool, Mattel, Hasbro and Hotwheels.
- Men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel and shoes are available in the Apparel department.
- Great style and familiar brands, including Champion, Signature by Levi Strauss & Co., Gloria Vanderbilt, Fila, Carhartt, Sketchers and more.
Fred Meyer Jewelers
- Located inside the Shelby Twp. Kroger Marketplace, Fred Meyer Jewelers offers an extensive variety of quality fine jewelry, including everything from diamond bridal and engagement jewelry to brand name watches.
- Also offers fun and fashionable gemstone jewelry, men’s and children’s jewelry and exclusive brands, collections and pieces.
- Grab your favorite Starbucks drink or treat
- Enjoy the free wi-fi service
I you live nearby, be sure to check out the new Michigan Kroger Marketplace. You can find this week’s Kroger sales and coupon matchups here.
Disclosure: Kroger invited some bloggers, including myself, to tour and review the new Kroger Marketplace. I was provided with a Kroger gift card and a swag bag from both Fred Meyer Jewelers and Murray’s Cheese as thanks for my post and participation.
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.