Looking for a fun, easy, and tasty Valentine’s Day dessert? Than look no further than this recipe for Molten Chocolate Cakes. My girls and I made them last week as trial run for Valentine’s Day and they turned out great. Plus they were VERY tasty.
The recipe is from the Everyday Food: Great Food Fast cookbook. I absolutely love this cookbook and can not say enough good things about it. I love that is has simple ingredients and most recipes are not too difficult to prepare. I have made so many recipes from this cookbook and they all have been very tasty and not too difficult to make. I did make a few simple tweaks to the recipe to make it even easier.
- Preheat the Oven to 400 F. The cookbook calls for you to butter the muffin tins and dust with granualated sugar. Instead of doing this, we just sprayed the muffin tins with Pam Baking. My mom turned me on to this fabulous product. It is great for all your baking needs and nothing sticks. It is really amazing. The cakes just popped out of the muffin tin after baking.
- Cream 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature) and 1/3 cup granulated sugar with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add 3 large eggs. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. With the mixer at a low speed add 1/3 up all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt until just combined. Beat in 8 ounces of melted bittersweet chocolate (do not overmix). Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Try to get the batter as smooth as possible on the top. It would have been easier for me to make the hearts later if I had smoothed out the batter a bit more. I’m obviously not Martha.
- Place the muffin tin on a baking sheet; bake just until the tops of the cakes no longer jiggle when the pan is lightly shaken. This is about 12-14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- To serve, turn out the cakes and place on serving plates with top sides up. I used a heart cookie cutter to get the shape in order to dust with confectioner’s sugar. I then added strawberries and Reddi Wip to make the whole plate even more special.
The sweet strawberries and whipped cream melt in your mouth with the cakes. This dessert got a big thumbs up from everyone in my family. Hope you enjoy this recipe and it brings a little sweetness to your Valentine’s Day.
Looking for more great recipes, check out more recipes here.
Disclosure: I was compensated for my time for this shopping trip and baking session by Collective Bias. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.