Fresh and Simple Fish Taco Recipe
Fresh and simple fish tacos. Clean eating and can be made gluten free. Easy, fast and full of flavor
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 cup grape tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime
- 1/2 sweet onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or green or red cabbage sliced into narrow strips
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound whitefish - Tilapia or other whitefish
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 to rtillas use corn if gluten free
- 1 avocado cut into strips
Cut lime in half and juice. Slice other half into wedges.
Combine tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt and half the lime juice.
In another bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, and remaining lime juice.
Combine coleslaw mix/ cabbage with 2 tablespoons of yogurt sauce in another bowl.
Reserve extra sauce.
Sprinkle whitefish with chili powder, black pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt
Grill fish or cook in olive oil in a large pan. Cook 3 minutes in pan then flip and cook two minutes more.
Serve by placing whitefish on top of tortillas and then adding homemade salsa, cabbage mix, avocado, and yogurt sauce.