For New Year’s Eve as part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias® I made these easy Chicken Tenders appetizers using Shake-n-Bake perfect for kids and adults.
I love making easy appetizers for New Year’s Eve that work for both kids and adults. Kids tend like things a bit more plain and adults like a bit of spice. That is why is decided to create a chicken tenders recipe that can be made two ways and helps keep both kids and adults happy. I purchased all my Kraft foods ingredients at Walmart. These are super easy to make and were a huge hit at my home. For New Year’s Eve I paired the chicken tenders with Welch’s Sparking Grape Juice for the kids. They love that they have a special drink to toast the New Year just like the adults. You can pair both types of chicken tenders with the Kraft Ranch dressing dipping sauce and the Cilantro dipping sauce. Mix and match and find your favorites.
- 1 package Shake-n-Bake ( box comes with 2 packages just use 1)
- 1/4 cup Kraft Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1/4 cup parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 serrano chile pepper seeded
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 – 3 egg whites
- Kraft Ranch dressing ( for kid friendly dipping sauce)
- Cooking Spray
Chicken Tender Directions
- Preheat over to 400
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Split Shake-n-Bake package in half and add each to a shallow bowl
- Add chili powder, cumin and salt to one bowl and mix
- Add 1/8 cup Kraft Italian Blend Shredded Cheese to each bowl and mix
- Add egg whites to another bowl
- Dip chicken tenders into egg white and the one bowl of the Shake-n-Bake mixture
- Dip half of the chicken tenders in the spicy Shake-n-Bake mixture and half in the mixture with Shake-n-Bake and cheese
- Place the chicken on the prepared cookie sheet
- Bake for 15-18 minutes
Cilantro Dipping Sauce Directions
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro,parsley, almonds, garlic, chili pepper and salt.
- Process until chopped.
- While the processor is running, add the lime juice and oil through the feed tube stopping the machine once or twice to scrape down the sides of the container until the sauce is smooth.
- Pour the sauce in to a bowl.
- Stir in the water, cover and chill until ready to serve.
If you are looking for more ideas and recipes be sure to check out Holiday Family Table with Kraft digital magazine featured below.