Last week I told you about the awesome Address Your Heart with Campbell’s Pinterest sweepstakes and a little bit about how I am trying to live a more heart healthy life.
Campbell has a whole section on the Campbell’s Kitchen website of easy great recipes that are heart healthy and I adapted their slow cooker chicken taco recipe for my family. It is so easy to make and EVERYONE in my family loved it. That is a huge accomplishment because there always seems to be one person who isn’t very happy with dinner. I will admit both girls were a little worried about the chicken when they saw it but they loved it once they tried it. I didn’t include the green peppers and onions because I knew my daughters would balk at eating those. If you have a more adventurous family, I would be sure to include them.
I loved how easy it was to make and it was very flavorful. You just throw everything in the slow cooker and dinner is ready when you need it. This is especially nice for those nights that we don’t get home from soccer practice until 7:00 pm and people are starving. I recently bought this great crock pot that is programmable and once the cooking time ends it just keeps it warm. That way you don’t have to worry about your recipe being overcooked when you don’t make it home in time. This recipe is definitely going into the regular rotation at our home.
Slow Cooker Heart Healthy Chicken Tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can 10 3/4 ounces Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 3/4 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 12 corn tortillas 6-inch, warmed
- Stir the garlic, soup, cumin and chile powder in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or HIGH for 4 to 5 hours until the chicken is fork-tender. Remove the chicken to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- Return the chicken to the cooker.
- Stir in the picante sauce.
- Serve the chicken mixture in the tortillas topped with lettuce and cilantro.
I hope you will try this yummy easy and heart healthy recipe. Don’t forget to enter to win the Address Your Heart with Campbell’s Pinterest sweepstakes as well!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Campbell Soup Company.
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Get free printables and tips! Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.