The age old question after Thanksgiving is what to do with the leftover turkey. One great way to use it is this slow cooker leftover turkey recipe. This recipe is so simple and you can easily have all the items on hand for a yummy meal the day after Thanksgiving.
You just need some canned goods, spices, and the leftover turkey. Plus any of your favorite chili toppings such as sour cream, cheese, crackers, etc.
I have this programmable crock pot which I love. It cooks for the required amount of time than just keeps the recipe warm. This means your recipe won’t get overcooked. You can head out Black Friday shopping and come home for a tasty lunch! Be sure to check out the full printable recipe below.
Slow Cooker Leftover Turkey Chili Recipe
- 2 cans black beans
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 2 cans light red kidney beans
- 2 cans chili hot beans
- 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Spanish onion diced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp approximately freshly ground pepper
- 3 TBSP Cajun spices
- left over turkey
- Skin and take the leftover turkey off the bones shredding into pieces.
- Put the turkey into the crock pot.
- Drain the juices out of the black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans.
- Stir to mix the ingredients.
- Pour the black beans, pinto and kidney beans in a crock pot.
- Add the chili beans, roasted diced tomatoes and the broth to the crock pot.
- Add the diced onion. Stir well.
- Add the spices. Stir well.
- Cook on medium for 4-6 hours.
- Occasionally stir the ingredients to incorporate all of the spices and other ingredients.
- Enjoy with sour cream, cheese, crackers or Fritos.
Don’t forget to sign up for our emails so you are notified of our next simple and tasty recipe (plus lots of other fun stuff!).
Want more easy and tasty recipes?