This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Tostadas Recipe
I am always on the look out for easy and tasty crockpot recipes. This easy crock pot chicken tostadas recipe fits the bill. It is so simple to make and requires just a few ingredients. I headed to Dollar General and was able to purchase most of the ingredients and they were a great price too! Each spice jar was just $1.
The Dollar General brand Clover Valley helps feed your friends and family for less. They even had Mexican Style Cheese in the refrigerated section. You can find Dollar General easy meals that are easy and affordable. You can also follow Dollar General on Facebook and on Twitter.
Easy Crockpot Chicken Tostadas Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 – 6 hours (depends on crockpot cooking time)
· 3 teaspoons chili powder
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon paprika
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper
· 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
· 1 jar salsa
· 1 – 1.5 lb chicken
· Desired toppings – Mexican style cheese, avocado, tomato, lettuce, sour cream
1. Spray crockpot walls with cooking spray
2. Add chicken to crockpot
3. Mix all the spices in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of the chicken
4. Pour ½ of the jar of salsa on top of the chicken
5. Place lid on crockpot and cook chicken on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours. (It should be very tender.)
6. Shred the chicken while adding in the cooking liquid as you desire
7. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and bake tortillas for 8 -10 minutes.
8. Assembly tostadas with desired toppings
Be sure to check out more easy and delicious recipes here.