Baked coconut chicken nuggets are a quick healthy recipe that your whole family will love. It is so easy that the kids can help you make them too. My girls are much more likely to eat something when they help make it. This recipe is great for an easy dinner or lunch or you can use as an appetizer at your next party. Works well with a variety of dipping sauces.
Baked Coconut Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 2/3 C olive oil in a glass measuring cup
- Pinch of salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 TBSP Caribbean Citrus Seasoning blend salt free
- 1 container of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together except the chicken, panko bread crumbs, and coconut. Stir to blend.
- Divide the oil mixture into two cups.
- Put cut up chicken in a medium size bowl.
- Pour the one container of the oil mixture over the chicken. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Combine the bread crumbs and coconut together. Toss to blend.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator and toss with 1/2 of the bread crumbs and coconut.
- Return to refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and drizzle for the second time the oil mixture and then toss with the bread crumbs for the second time.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve with a variety of dipping sauces.
Don’t forget to sign up for our emails so you are notified of our next simple and tasty recipe (plus lots of other fun stuff!).
Want more easy and tasty recipes?
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Get free printables and tips! Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.
Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife says
Yum!! My kids love chicken nuggets and I may have to try these with them. I’d love if you would come share on my Friday Favorites Link-up!
CJ Huang says
I’m loving this idea of adding coconut to chicken nuggets! I bet it’d taste so wonderful with some Thai chili sauce too. 🙂 I hope you can stop on by and share this or any other recipe with us on Five Friday Finds!
Sarena @ Teal Inspiration says
Yum! I love coconut and never thought of using it for chicken nuggets. Thanks for linking up with us at the #HomeMattersParty!
bonbon @ Farmhouse40.com says
Thank you for sharing this great recipe with us at Inspire Me Mondays. I hope you will stop by again this Monday and share more of you wonderful links. #inspirememondays.