Looking for a fun and affordable family getaway? Here are 8 Reasons to Book a Trip to Castaway Bay Today.
1 – 82 Degree Island Get Away – With its tropical theme, guests at Cedar Point’s Castaway Bay feel like they have just landed on an island paradise upon entering this lush indoor waterpark resort. It is wonderful to get that island feel without spending the big bucks to actually go to the islands. With the cold weather we have been having, a warm getaway can really brighten the whole families mood!
2. Easy Drive from Metro Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo and more – Castaway Bay is easily accessible from many midwest cities. From our home in Metro Detroit, it is only a little over a two-hour drive. It is a very easy drive for a weekend getaway.
3. Discount Codes– I know you all love to save money and who doesn’t? You can check out this page to see any offers they are currently running. Reservations can be made online at castawaybay.com or by calling (419)627-2106.
4. Water Roller Coaster – Have you ever ridden a water roller coaster? It is great fun! The 35-foot-high, 520-foot-long water roller coaster propels riders uphill using water jets. This unique water coaster twists its way through the waterpark, shoots outside the resort’s structure in an enclosed slide and then spirals back into the complex. My girls rode this over and over. We have been to a few other indoor water parks but this is the only one with a water roller coaster!
This is a great way to get your roller coaster fix in while you wait for Cedar Point to open for the season. We loved staying at the newly remodeled Hotel Breakers resort last year!
5. Hang out with Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang – There are lots of chances to see Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang throughout Castaway Bay. These fun and loveable kids and everyone’s favorite beagle …Snoopy will be waiting to meet you throughout the resort! This is a great opportunity for souvenir pictures. You can also do the cha-cha and move and groove with a member of the PEANUTS™ each night! Grab a partner and come on down to dance! You will be sure to work up a sweat as you boogie to the hits of today and yesterday’s favorite dance music! Also kids can slip into their PJ’s and watch Charlie and his friends on the big screen & then afterwards, listen to a wonderful bedtime story! You also can see visit with Snoopy afterwards for lots of hugs and laughs. Be sure to check out the time schedule they give you at check in to see the times the characters will be available.
6. Two Great Sit Down Restaurants On Site – Mango Mike’s breakfast buffet is located on the first floor to the right of the main lobby area, just past Ebb & Eddy’s. This delicious breakfast buffet features fresh fruit, freshly-baked pastries, scrambled eggs, cold cereals, hash browns, pancakes, french toast, biscuits and gravy along with breakfast favorites. This breakfast buffet is included in the some of the special packages. Quaker Steak & Lube is also attached to the hotel and serves award winning ribs & burgers, tempting street foods plus Best Wings USA in your choice of 25 signature sauces are available. It also features patio seating with full bar service in a fun atmosphere. The restaurant was very busy when we visited. However, they will text you when your table is ready so we just went back and hung out in our room until the table was ready. You could even send just one person down to inquire about the wait and put in your name while the kids wait in the room. The fun kids meals come in a cute race car box!
7. There is both a mini fridge and microwave in all the rooms. We brought snacks and drinks and enjoyed them in a room during downtime. This helps save a bit of cash and make your room even more cozy.
8. Waterpark Areas for Kids of All Ages – We have been visiting Castaway Bay since my youngest was a toddler. There is a children’s play pool with a tandem slide, water pipes, spraying gadgets and sea creature play structures designed especially for kids. Must be less than 52 inches tall in bare feet or accompanied by a child to participate. That is nice since you don’t have to worry about the little ones getting trampled by older children. Plus there are plenty of lifeguards keeping an eye on your kids. As your children grow there is plenty of fun for older kids. We LOVE the Tropical Tube Slides. These are three indoor/outdoor covered body slides which are very fast moving. Our family loves to race each other in these slides.
I am also giving away 4 day passes to Castaway Bay this week so be sure to enter to win below.
Want more pictures? Check out this fun video I made a few years ago when we visited Castaway Bay!
Disclosure: My family received a complimentary stay to help facilitate our review. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own and we have booked a stay at this resort on our own in the past.