Looking for a fun cupcake recipe that isn’t too hard? Check out this super cute Alligator Cupcakes Recipe.These would be perfect for a birthday party. If you are a Florida fan, you could make these into Gator cupcakes for football season. Just change out the frosting for orange with some blue cupcake liners or vice versa and you will be the hit of the tailgate party!
Alligator Cupcakes Recipe or Gator Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 C Flour
- 2 C Sugar
- 1 C Cocoa
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Whole Milk
- 1/2 C Oil
- 2 TSP Vanilla
- 1 C Boiling Water
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 + C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Blue gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the bowl containing the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla to the bowl holding the dry ingredients.
- Mix all together until fully incorporated.
- Beat for 3 minutes on medium.
- Slowly add the boiling water starting with a small amount then pour in the remaining boiling water.
- The batter may be a little runny.
- Scoop batter into cupcake paper liners until 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from cupcake pan and place on a wire rack and allow to completely cool.
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn't cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams
- Add the blue gel food coloring and mix well.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then
- Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time and mix well.
- Test to make sure that the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak.
- If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Repeat the frosting recipe and directions except for adding green gel food coloring instead of the blue. Once the frosting is done then begin to make your "gator".
- Using a <g class="gr_ gr_130 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="130" data-gr-id="130">13 inch</g> round tip with a pastry bag start building your gator.
- Begin by building a basic capital "T" .
- After the "T" is completed, start building the eyes by making a medium dollop on each side of the top of the "T".
- Place edible eyes in the center of that dollop on each of them.
- To make the "gator" nose, add another medium sized dollop to the bottom end of the "T" and add two mini chocolate chips.
Don’t forget to sign up for our emails so you are notified of our next simple and tasty recipe (plus lots of other fun stuff!).
[grwebform url=”http://app.getresponse.com/view_webform.js?wid=6295103&u=eCNc” css=”on”/]
Want more easy and tasty recipes?
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.