Find all the best backpacks for school. Highlighted are durable quality and cute backpacks for elementary, middle school and high school.
What are the best backpack brands for school?
If you are looking for back-to-school gear like backpacks and lunchboxes, the best way to save is to buy quality sets. I like to spend a little more on my gear and then have my kids use them for a few years. Some of the lower quality sets tend to rip, break, or have zipper problems mid-year, and then you will end up replacing them before the year is over or replacing them yearly. You can find durable backpacks and gear with coupons at Land’s End, Pottery Barn Kids, eBags, LL Bean, Vera Bradley, and more. Also, many stores are shipping backpacks to your doorstep for free. Instead of spending precious time and gas, stopping at store after store, order your backpack online and take advantage of free shipping offers. Lots of these stores gave free shipping and discount codes right on their home page.
Interested in more coupons and savings on backpacks?
Best Backpacks for School
I am a HUGE fan of Land’s End backpacks and they hold up so well that my oldest daughter carried the same Land’s End backpack for 4 years in elementary school! You can add monograms for an extra special touch. Plus now they come in all kinds of fun prints Their most durable backpacks are from the Classmate line, which comes in a messenger, rolling, extra-large, large, medium, and small sizes. I love that on the Land’s End website you can see the backpacks modeled and it’s easy enough to figure out what size you will need for school. They have great backpacks from preschool to high school.
The Classmate backpacks boast reinforced bottoms to withstand boys that tend to be rough on their gear, plus reflective strips so that kids can be easily seen if they are walking home. Check out the sternum strap that helps to provide extra support and comfort, especially if your child tends to carry heavy items. For girls, check out all of the cute, cute prints and if your girls are hard on their gear, then the classmate will fit the bill. Plus these backpacks are guaranteed. Period. Washed, worn, even embroidered, you can return it at any time for an exchange or full refund. Now that is a great guarantee!
If you are looking for a kids’ backpack sale, you will want to click through. Many of the backpacks we recommend are already on sale!
Land’s End often runs great specials and coupons for back-to-school.
Pottery Barn Kids has so many sizes, such as mini, small, large and rolling. We bought a backpack from Pottery Barn Kids a previous year and it worked for multiple years and was in great shape. If your kids love character backpacks and you don’t like the quality of most character packs at local stores, Pottery Barn Kids is known for high-quality character backpacks. Choose from characters your kids love such as Marvel, Star Wars or mermaids, solar system and more. I love that if you pay a little extra, you can get your backpacks personalized. They come in every size to fit your child’s needs and right now, they ship to your doorstep for free. Current Pottery Barn Coupon Codes are on the website.
Best Backpacks for Middle School
This year’s Vera Bradley Lighten up backpacks are just absolutely stunning and you will love their new durable backpack fabric. Teens and tweens are sometimes hard to please and it’s better to get one nice backpack they will use vs. lots of gear that you know will be thrown in the back of the closet. Vera Bradley can be pricey, but they often have sales and deals. This year’s bright prints for fall will be a head-turner for your tweens and teens and there are even matching lunch bags! The lighten up backpacks are also water-repellent, so if there are spills, clean up is easy. Both my girls carried Vera Bradley as their middle school backpack.
If you are looking for a quality, junior-sized backpack for preschool, kindergarten or first grade, these L.L. Bean Junior backpacks come in so many fun prints. I love the bright floral and the dinosaur print. When your kids outgrow this smaller backpack, it will work great for packing games and fun things when you travel.
If you have tweens or teens, they will love these deluxe-sized backpacks included in best backpacks for back to school. They are also great for kids that need to pack winter snow items as they hold so much more. This backpack has dual main compartments and holds up to 32 liters! L.L. Bean is great for standing behind their product. They have the motto “Guaranteed to Last” on the home page of their website. Instead of driving from store-to-store shopping for backpacks, save on gas and have your quality backpack arrive at your doorstep!
Ebags.com is one of my favorite places to get great bags. They have different coupons every day and they often have free shipping too. My tween daughter got a great Jansport messenger bag last year and it looks perfect after a year of use. She needs a regular backpack this year and we are getting the Jansport large student as she has a lot to carry. Ebags always has a coupon for 20-30%, plus often with free shipping. Check out the great selection Jansport, Quiksilver and Roxy that Ebags.com carries.
Best Backpacks for High School
Now that my kids are older they are not as fond of some of the brands I mentioned earlier so I had my oldest daughter put together some ideas for backpacks for High School. Most of these backpacks have a laptop compartment which can be important for some high schoolers.
The SuperMax features an internal 15” laptop sleeve, two main compartments and a front zip pocket with an organizer to keep your essentials handy. This pack has a fully padded back panel, S-Curve softly padded shoulder straps and one side water bottle pocket. With 2200 cubic inches of space, the SuperMax can hold everything you need. Built to last and backed by our lifetime guarantee.
- Made from high-grade water resistant, lightweight, durable nylon material (Please note: this backpack is not waterproof, can’t be use in heavy rain);
- Large multi-compartment design, with dedicated laptop compartment that holds laptops up to 16 inches; Airflow back & shoulder straps system, Ergonomic design offers maximum back support and comfort;
- Structure: 4 main pockets & 6 smaller inner pockets, 2 pen pockets, 2 mesh side pockets, provides a separated space for your laptop, iPhone, iPad, pen, keys, wallet, books, clothes, bottles and more;
- Perfect for use for: school, college, casual, travel, work, a great gift for friends and children;
- Warranty: All of our backpacks have 1-YEAR WARRANTY.
- ICONIC: Classic Kanken with a twist. Same design, updated size. Stash your 15″ laptop in its own padded compartment and still have the main compartment and 3 extra pockets for everything else.
- PRACTICAL: Meet the material: Vinylon F. It has a weird name but it’s dirt-resistant, water-resistant, and wipes clean.
- FUNCTIONAL: 2-way zipper with rain flap for more protection. Padded, ergonomic shoulder straps for the long haul. Dual top snap handles for quick carry.
- ROOMY: 18 L of storage space for everything you need and some things you don’t. Measures 15.7″ (40 cm) x 11″ (28 cm) x 6.3″ (16 cm). Weighs 1.0 lb.
- HERITAGE: Durable, timeless, functional. Since 1960.
lots of colors to choose from!
Vans The Realm Classic Backpack is a 100% polyester two-pocket backpack featuring a zippered main compartment with an interior laptop sleeve, a front organization pocket, adjustable padded straps, and debossed lining at the interior back panel. Measuring 16.75 L x 12.75 W x 4.75 D inches, it has a 22-liter capacity.
Protect what’s important to you with the JanSport Digital Student. With a removable 15 in laptop sleeve, side water bottle pocket, and organizational storage throughout, this backpack is made to go everywhere.
- Dedicated external cord storage pocket
- Easy access external tablet pocket fits up to a 10″ tablet
- Ergonomic S-curve shoulder straps
- Fully padded back panel
- Removable 15″ laptop sleeve fits into a dedicated laptop compartment
- Side water bottle pocket
- Two large main compartments
- Web haul handle
(comes in many colors and patterns)
This backpack is great for students who value comfort and practicality. It has a large pocket for your books and binders, a laptop sleeve that will protect your laptop, a padded back, and an internal organization system in the front pocket. It even comes in a version with a women-specific fit with a back panel and shoulder straps designed to fit a woman’s torso. This is the backpack my oldest daughter used all last year and will be bringing to college with her.
A popular mountaineering silhouette, the Herschel Little America™ backpack elevates an iconic style with modern functionality. This backpack is in style for high school. It includes
- Custom striped fabric liner
- Padded and fleece lined 15″ laptop sleeve
- Adjustable drawstring closure
- Magnetic strap closures with metal pin clips
- Front pocket with hidden zipper and key clip
- Internal media pocket with headphone port
- Contoured shoulder straps and air mesh back padding
- Classic woven label
Need outfits for back to school? Check out these cute outfits for middle school