Looking for a fun treat for a Halloween party? Then check out these chocolate skeleton cookies made with a gingerbread man cookie cutter. These are so cute and fun for any Halloween get together. You could bag them and give them as a Halloween treat at school halloween parties.
I love that they are made with just simple ingredients and use the gingerbread man cookie cutter which you probably already have at home.
Chocolate Skeleton Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Corn Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and cocoa powder
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture by spoonfuls at low speed, frequently scraping down sides.
- Dust work area with cocoa powder or flour.
- Roll dough to 1/4" thickness.
- Cut out gingerbread man shapes and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until set.
- Let cookies cool in pan for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and corn syrup in a small bowl until smooth.
- Transfer to piping bag or zippered bag to pipe skeleton onto cookies.
- Try not to get lines too close together so they don't run together.
- Allow to sit for at least an hour for icing to get hard.
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.