Looking for a fun treat for a Halloween party? Then check out these chocolate skeleton cookies made with a gingerbread man cookie cutter. These are so cute and fun for any Halloween get together. You could bag them and give them as a Halloween treat at school halloween parties.
I love that they are made with just simple ingredients and use the gingerbread man cookie cutter which you probably already have at home.
Chocolate Skeleton Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Corn Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and cocoa powder
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture by spoonfuls at low speed, frequently scraping down sides.
- Dust work area with cocoa powder or flour.
- Roll dough to 1/4" thickness.
- Cut out gingerbread man shapes and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until set.
- Let cookies cool in pan for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and corn syrup in a small bowl until smooth.
- Transfer to piping bag or zippered bag to pipe skeleton onto cookies.
- Try not to get lines too close together so they don't run together.
- Allow to sit for at least an hour for icing to get hard.
Is Getting Dinner on the Table Every Night a Challenge? This can help! Learn Simple Ways to Meal Plan.
Sign up for the Everyday Savvy newsletter and get a meal planning checklist and weekly meal planner sheet.