There is just something about homemade coleslaw that is wonderful at a picnic or cookout. Making coleslaw vs buying a pre-made doesn’t have to be hard. Plus you control the ingredients and freshness. I promise once you use this easy homemade coleslaw recipe you will be hooked.
You only need a few ingredients to make this coleslaw and it takes just a few simple steps.
Easy Homemade Coleslaw Recipe
- 5 cup Shredded Cabbage green, red or both
- 1 cup Julienned Carrots
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup thinly sliced Green Onions
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard
- Pepper to taste
- Cut off cabbage (leaving the core) and slice on mandolin slicer.
- Julienne carrots.
- If you want to make this recipe even more quickly you can buy the cabbage and carrots already shredded.
- Mix vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve right away.
Love recipes? Check out all our other recipes.