There is just something about homemade coleslaw that is wonderful at a picnic or cookout. Making coleslaw vs buying a pre-made doesn’t have to be hard. Plus you control the ingredients and freshness. I promise once you use this easy homemade coleslaw recipe you will be hooked.
You only need a few ingredients to make this coleslaw and it takes just a few simple steps.
Easy Homemade Coleslaw Recipe
- 5 cup Shredded Cabbage green, red or both
- 1 cup Julienned Carrots
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup thinly sliced Green Onions
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard
- Pepper to taste
- Cut off cabbage (leaving the core) and slice on mandolin slicer.
- Julienne carrots.
- If you want to make this recipe even more quickly you can buy the cabbage and carrots already shredded.
- Mix vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve right away.
Love recipes? Check out all our other recipes.
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.