Looking for an easy back-to-school treat? Be sure to check out this Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars Recipe. These PB&J bars are simple to make from scratch with just a few ingredients including, of course, everyone’s favorite….. peanut butter and jelly! We love that these easy peanut butter bars include your favorite jam or jelly. These chewy peanut butter bars are a satisfying after-school treat or could be packed for lunch.
Table of Contents
What are the best peanut butter and jelly bars?
Best peanut butter and jelly bars are those that are high in quality, taste great, and have a variety of flavors. This recipe can be made using any brand of peanut butter and type of jelly. You can experiment with different types of jelly to find your favorite bars.
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Here are a few in-process pictures of how to make the peanut butter cookie bars but be sure to scroll down for the full printable recipe. These easy peanut butter and jelly bars make such yummy peanut butter and jelly snacks for kids or even adults.
The first step is to preheat your oven to 350 degrees and then grease a 13×9 inch baking pan. After that, mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy and well combined Next you add eggs, vanilla extract, and peanut butter and mix until it is all combined. After that, you add flour and baking powder to the mixture and mix until well combined.
Next spread 2/3 of the batter mixture onto the bottom of the pan as seen in the picture below.
The next step is to spread the jam or jelly on top of the batter.
After that, all you need to do is crumble the remaining dough over the jam in small bits making sure to fully cover the jam or jelly and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
Be sure to let the peanut butter and jelly bars cool before slicing This recipe is so simple to make that the kids will even love to help. You can make a variety of peanut butter bars by using different types of jelly and even peanut butter.
What are the benefits of eating the best peanut butter and jelly bars?
The benefits of eating the best peanut butter and jelly bars include providing a nutritious snack, being high in protein, and being fairly low in sugar.
How to store the best peanut butter and jelly bars?
Storing your peanut butter and jelly bars properly will ensure that they remain fresh and taste great. Follow these tips to keep them tasting their best:
1. Store them in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
2. Store them away from direct sunlight or heat sources.
3. Keep them tightly sealed to prevent moisture from entering the bars over time.
How long do the best peanut butter and jelly bars last?
Peanut butter and jelly bars are a type of food that typically lasts for about two to three days. Be sure to keep them in an airtight container, so they don’t go bad quickly.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups Jam Your favorite but we love Raspberry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13×9 inch baking pan.
- Mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy and well combined
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, and peanut butter and mix until it is all combined
- Add flour and baking powder to the mixture.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter mixture onto the bottom of the pan.
- Spread jam on top of the batter.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the jam in small bits making sure to fully cover the jam
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before slicing