I love to entertain at my home but I also love to get most of the work done before the party so I can enjoy my time with my guests. I love it to be easy with a Summer Party Plan. I hosted 12 family members at my home for my youngest daughter’s birthday. Aldi offered to sponsor the party with one of their easy Summer Party Menus. Since I already love Aldi, I could get everything in one spot, and they even helped with the menu planning, I was all in. I just love Easy Party Planning!
I chose the Sip and Savor party menu plan since it looked yummy and easy to make. With this party menu, you serve and enjoy refreshing seasonal beverages from ALDI. Bright hues of lemonade squeezed from fresh lemons and sangria topped with apples, oranges and limes will help to get the party started. The fresh USDA Choice meats served with vibrant fruits and vegetables provides the perfect complement.
Easy Summer Party Food
You can download the shopping list yourself here. (The prices are from 8 years ago and no longer valid)
Since the day of the party was also the day of my daughters’ dance recital, my mother in law and I prepped most of the food in the morning before the recital. That way after everyone came to the house, we could all start enjoying ourselves. We sliced the cheese, cubed the chicken, made the cucumber salsa, sliced the baguette, and got out all the serving trays.
Once everyone arrived we started with sangria and Prosciutto Panino, cheese and crackers and the Hummus sampler. I absolutely love the Savoritz Six Cracker Assortment. It costs just $2.69 for entertaining crackers. Similar crackers at other grocery store cost double this. I always keep these on hand in order to be ready for a quick appetizer with cheese if people stop by. The Prosciutto Panino was so tasty and looked pretty on the plate. This is on my buy list for any upcoming parties. My guests love the appetizers and literally cleared the plates.
While people were finishing up the appetizers, we fired up the grill for the Grilled Chicken and Pineapple skewers. I tripled the recipe since we had 12. The recipe is below or you can grab it from the Aldi website. I use Metal Skewers similar to these and if you are grilling kebobs often they sure come in handy. I also served the flirty bird wine and the kids had lemonade.
We served the chicken kebobs with a fresh green salad, the cucumber salsa, and a sliced baguette which were from Aldi. The cucumber salsa was the prefect compliment to the chicken and I loved that it was all prepared before the party even started.
Since it was my daughter’s birthday, we had to have a great dessert. She opted for a sundae bar. I absolutely love the Breton’s Kids waffle bowls from Aldi. They are such a fun treat. We also had carmel and chocolate syrup, mini chocolate chips, gummi bears and sprinkles. Aldi carries all these as well. The kids enjoyed making their own concoctions.
Overall the party was a HUGE hit and I paid less than $100 for everything for 12 people. I loved having a meal plan ready to go that I could just follow. The Aldi ingredients and meal plan was fantastic and I assure you that your guests will love it. My guests were shocked that everything come from Aldi. If you are planning an upcoming get together for a few or a crowd be sure to consider this easy party plan .
Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Skewers with Lemon-Cucumber Salsa
- 1 pineapple
- 2 tablespoons Carlini Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
- 2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper divided
- 1.75 pounds Kirkwood Fresh Chicken Breasts diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lemon supremed
- 1 cucumber diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 tablespoon SimplyNature Organic Wildflower Honey
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove rind from pineapple and dice into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and pineapple; toss to coat.
- Alternating chicken and pineapple, pierce onto skewers.
- Grill for 8 minutes each side, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl combine lemon, cucumber, onion, honey and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Serve lemon-cucumber salsa over cooked chicken skewers.
- TIP: Supreme citrus fruit by cutting off the top and bottom of the fruit, then cut away the peel and pith, leaving no white on the outside of the fruit. Slice each segment into wedges by cutting toward the center of the fruit along the membrane.
More Summer Party Ideas
Disclosure: Aldi provided me with gift certificates to purchase the party food and supplies. All thoughts and opinions are my own.