I love strawberry shortcake and decided to make an easy strawberry shortcake cupcake recipe in honor of Strawberry Shortcake day on Saturday, June 14th. To make the cupcake even more special I arranged the strawberries in the shape of a flower and added a blueberry for the center. These cupcakes are ridiculously easy to make but they look special. No one needs to know how easy they were. That is Everyday Savvy living at its best!
I used a boxed angel food cake mix and then just topped with Reddi wip. I then arranged the strawberries in the flower shape. I will say that the whipped cream starts to melt a bit so you will want to serve these immediately. If you want to make them ahead, I would use a whipped frosting that will hold for longer.
- Angel Food Cake Mix
- Whipped Topping (or other whipped frosting)
- Fun Cupcake Wrappers
- Make Angel Food Cupcakes from boxed mix. Use directions on box. ( If you have your own Angel food cake recipe, you could use that instead)
- Wait for cupcakes to cool
- Slice strawberries. You will need full slices for the outer layers and half slices for the inner petals.
- Top each cupcake with whipped topping.
- Place 4 full strawberry slices in a circle on each cupcake
- Add 3 half strawberry slices on each cupacke
- Place blueberry in center of each cupcake
- Serve immerdiately
Love recipes? Check out all our other recipes.
Disclaimer: Driscoll’s strawberries were provided for creating this recipe. All opinions expressed are exclusively mine.
Learn How to Save Time & Money This Holiday Season
Want to enjoy the holidays more this year with less stress?
Sign up for our free email class which will help you save time and money AND reduce holiday stress. We will help you with planning and savings tips plus gift ideas for everyone on your list.