I love strawberry shortcake and decided to make an easy strawberry shortcake cupcake recipe in honor of Strawberry Shortcake day on Saturday, June 14th. To make the cupcake even more special I arranged the strawberries in the shape of a flower and added a blueberry for the center. These cupcakes are ridiculously easy to make but they look special. No one needs to know how easy they were. That is Everyday Savvy living at its best!
I used a boxed angel food cake mix and then just topped with Reddi wip. I then arranged the strawberries in the flower shape. I will say that the whipped cream starts to melt a bit so you will want to serve these immediately. If you want to make them ahead, I would use a whipped frosting that will hold for longer.
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake Recipe with Strawberry Flower
- Angel Food Cake Mix
- Whipped Topping or other whipped frosting
- Fun Cupcake Wrappers
- Make Angel Food Cupcakes from boxed mix. Use directions on box. ( If you have your own Angel food cake recipe, you could use that instead)
- Wait for cupcakes to cool
- Slice strawberries. You will need full slices for the outer layers and half slices for the inner petals.
- Top each cupcake with whipped topping.
- Place 4 full strawberry slices in a circle on each cupcake
- Add 3 half strawberry slices on each cupacke
- Place blueberry in center of each cupcake
- Serve immerdiately
Love recipes? Check out all our other recipes.
Click here to see more great recipes!!
Disclaimer: Driscoll’s strawberries were provided for creating this recipe. All opinions expressed are exclusively mine.
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Get free printables and tips! Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.
Shirley @Intelligent Domestications says
Now that is a pretty cupcake, almost too pretty to eat! Pinning to my Cupcake board. Stopping by from Bloggers Brag.
I love this recipe and my dad would really love this because he loves Angle Food cake. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I’ve pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board