Capsule wardrobes are not just for adults. They work great for kids too! We put together a fun fall capsule with girls back to school outfits with items from Old Navy. When you buy these 14 pieces including shoes and a backpack you have 15 mix and match back to school outfits. This is great for kids because it is so easy. You could even print out the pictures and they could use them when they get dressed each morning. Be sure to check out all our capsule wardrobe outfit ideas.
Girls Back To School Outfits
Links to each piece are below – Be sure to scroll down to find the ones you are interested in. Here are some more close-up pictures of the outfits. The number of each piece of the outfit is included underneath each.
Girls Back to School Clothes
- High-Waisted Slouchy Wide-Leg Jeans – Medium Wash
- Striped Rib-Knit Lettuce-Edge T-Shirt – Orange Peel
- Short-Sleeve Printed Rib-Knit Henley T-Shirt – Rare Earth
- Loose Striped Cropped T-Shirt – Green Stripe
- Puff-Sleeve Double-Weave Swing Top – White Lilies
- UltraLite Rib-Knit Long-Sleeve Scoop-Neck Top – Light Pink
- High-Waisted Button-Fly Jean Skirt – Light Wash
- High-Waisted PowerChill Crossover Flared Leggings – Black Jack
- High-Waisted Slouchy Straight Contrast-Wash Non-Stretch Jeans – Crafted
- High-Waisted Built-In Tough Flare Jeans – Light Wash
- Canvas High-Top Sneakers – Canvas
- Canvas Slip-On Sneakers – Chambray
- Gold-Toned Mixed-Media Necklace
- Mommy & Mini Headband 2-Pack – Chambray Blue
You can return any items that don’t work to your local Old Navy store. If you are unsure on sizing, just order both sizes and return the one that doesn’t fit. Shipping is FREE if you spending $50 or more! Or order online and pick up in store in 2 hours! It’s fun. fast and free!
Don’t forget to sign up for our emails so you are notified of the next mix and match outfit board (plus lots of other fun stuff!) and be sure to let us know which other stores you would like to see featured.
More Back To School Clothes
These girls back to school clothes outfits are from previous years but are still great for inspiration. Some pieces are no longer available.
Girls Back to School Outfits
- High-Waisted Button-Fly Frayed-Hem Jean Skirt in solar
- High-Waisted Built-In Tough Button-Fly Rockstar Super Skinny Jeggings in light wash
- Built-In Tough Distressed Button-Fly White Boyfriend Jeans in white lilies
- Skinny Built-In Tough Pull-On Jeans in light wash
- High-Waisted Built-In Tough Rockstar Super Skinny Button-Fly Black Jeggings in midnight sunshine
- Short-Sleeve Graphic Tee in girls can do anything
- Short-Sleeve Lattice-Back Graphic Tee in jot it down
- Softest Printed Scoop-Neck Tee in leopard pink
- Loose Printed Softest Tee in pineapple cream
- Rib-Knit Short-Sleeve Henley in orange tie-dye
- Twill Lace-Up Sneakers for Kids in white/rainbow laces
- Twill Lace-Up Sneakers in pink adobe
- Pink Shake-Up Confetti Lunch Tote in pink glitter
- Hip® Tritan Plastic Water Bottle in bright pink
Back to School Outfits for Girls
- Ballerina 24/7 Jeggings, Light Wash
- Skinny Built-In Tough Pull-On Jeans, Rinse
- Full-Length Built-In Tough Jersey Jeggings, Polka Dots
- Soft Herringbone Twill Straight-Leg Pants, Burnt Ginger
- Skinny Uniform Pants, Black
- Graphic Crew-Neck Tee, I’m Really a Unicorn
- Graphic Crew-Neck Tee, Sunbeam
- Graphic Crew-Neck Tee, Dream Big
- Floral Sleeve Bracelet Sleeve Blouse, Antique Coral
- Patterned Tie-Hem Getaway Shirt, Multi Stripe
- Metallic Pique Knit Slip Ons, Black
- Printed Elastic Lace Sneakers, Rainbow Stripes
- Hair Clips 5-Pack, Pink Multi
- Glitter Embossed Backpack, Coral Pink
Girls Capsule Wardrobe for Back to School
- Cat & Jack Chino Shorts, Khaki – or Khaki pants
- Cat & Jack Bermuda Shorts, Light Wash or light wash jeans
- Cat & Jack Cropped Jeans, Coral
- Cat & Jack Heart Jeggings
- Cat & Jack Skinny Jeans, Dark Wash
- Cat & Jack Smart & Strong Graphic Tee
- NASA Logo Tee Shirt
- Cat & Jack Grey Cat Graphic Tee
- Cat & Jack Animals Around the World Tee
- Cat & Jack Paintbrush Graphic Tee
- Sam & Libby Canvas Ballet Flats, Brown
- Cat & Jack Cap Toe Sneakers, Black
- Cat & Jack Blue Dot Backpack
You can return any items that don’t work to your local Target store. If you are unsure on sizing, just order both sizes and return the one that doesn’t fit. Shipping is FREE on everything if you have a Redcard or if you spending $25 or more!
Alayna @AlaynasCreations says
What a great concept to show my daughter. At almost 12, she is suddenly showing an interest in “changing my style” and paying more attention to how things look together.
I am co-hosting the #HomeMattersParty link party this month and would love to have you stop by for a visit. The next party opens at midnight on Friday. http://www.alaynascreations.co
Sonja @ SustainMyCraftHabit says
Great way to get ready for back to school. Thank you for sharing on #HomeMattersParty. We hope to see you again next week.
Thank you so much for sharing. I count down the days until your next capsule! I would love to see one from JC Penny! Would you mind sharing what program/app you use to create the outfits. I wanted to do this for my girls with the clothes that they own so they can reference.
Thanks! So glad you like it
Great idea to organized this fall. Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday!Pinned ot my back to school board! Have a great week!
Thank you so much for this guide! We bought most of the items listed (minus the backpacks and shoes). Would you please put one out for Fall or Winter for girls as well?? Please. It helps a momma out so much!!!
I would love that too!
Tarra McFadden says
What do you use to lay out the outfit pictures? I’d love to create my own layout of my daughter’s clothes so that she can pick outfits from the pictures. I’m hoping it empowers her to make decisions, within reasonable limits (no My Little Pony pjs for school) :).
We use powerpoint to make the layouts. Hope that helps!
Jennifer Callahan says
Loved the Target clothing. Cat & Jack are guaranteed for life and with the back to school sale, I was able to get the whole wardrobe for around $150! Hoping you post the boys back to school wardrobe before this awesome sale ends!
So glad you like it! I know the Cat & Jack clothing is wonderful. Not sure the boy list will be done though before the sale ends. We will try.
I love your seasonal fashion capsules. I love the style and frugal prices of old navy and I love how you provide links to the items. Excited to see your edition for fall 2017!
Thanks so much!
So glad to have stress free shopping donefpr our 9 yr old! Thank you! Would you possibly please do gap or old navy for teen girls?
We will add it to our list. thanks!
Could you make a capsule for tween girls? I love shopping these capsules….
Donna @ Modern on Monticello says
This is such a great idea! Now there won’t be any frantic mornings trying to put an outfit together since you have already planned out all of the options. Thanks for sharing the post. #HomeMattersParty
Richella J Parham says
This is absolutely brilliant. What a wonderful, wonderful idea–and you have it all organized so well! I love the way your clothing suggestions pair perfectly with the purchases you outline, but you could also pull some items from the closet to substitute and just plug them into your chart. As I said, brilliant!
Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party. I’m featuring you this week!
I am so glad you like it! The outfit ideas are so easy and I agree that you can easily substitute any pieces with similar items you already own.
Linda Stoll says