I am always on the hunt for ways to make mornings easier and these make-ahead sausage egg cheese muffins are an easy way to get a lo-carb breakfast quickly. Be sure to check out 101 meal planning tips that make getting breakfast to dinner on the table easier.
Sausage Egg Cheese Muffins
Getting breakfast on the table quickly can be a challenge. This recipe for make-ahead sausage and cheese muffins will make your mornings so easy. You just prepare the sausage egg cheese muffins ahead of time and freeze them. When you are ready to eat them, all you have to do is pop them in the microwave. It is so easy even your kids can prepare them!
Here are a few pictures of the recipe in process. The full recipe is below.
How to Make Egg and Sausage Muffins
Fill the cups about ¾ of the way full with the hash browns.
Take half of the shredded cheese and sprinkle it in the bottom of the cups.
Repeat with half of the sausage crumble.
Whisk the eggs together and fill the cups until almost full.
Top with the second half of cheese and sausage.
These yummy muffins are so simple to make and so tasty too. Great for on the go breakfasts or for kids before school.
More Easy Recipes
Make Ahead Sausage Egg & Cheese Muffins Recipe
- 4 cups shredded hash browns thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ pound sausage cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- In a large bowl combine the hash browns, butter, salt and pepper.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill the cups about ¾ of the way full with the hash browns.
- Press with your fingers to mold the hash browns to the cups all the way to the top. Try to make the sides the same thickness all the way around for even cooking. Make sure there are hash browns on the bottom of the cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until they are starting to brown. Let cool slightly.
- Reduce oven to 350˚.
- Take half of the shredded cheese and sprinkle in the bottom of the cups.
- Repeat with half of the sausage crumble.
- Whisk the eggs together and fill the cups until almost full.
- Top with the second half of cheese and sausage.
- Bake until eggs are set, 20-25 minutes.
- To freeze: Let cool for two hours, then place muffins in a ziploc gallon bag until you’re ready to enjoy. Microwave for a few minutes before serving for breakfast.
Is Getting Dinner on the Table Every Night a Challenge? This can help! Learn Simple Ways to Meal Plan.
Sign up for the Everyday Savvy newsletter and get a meal planning checklist and weekly meal planner sheet.