Fresh Easy Fish Tacos Recipe
One of my absolute favorite foods is fish tacos. I often order them at restaurants but this fresh easy fish tacos recipe is great to make at home. It really is very simple to make but the fresh flavors are amazing! It is essential to use fresh cilantro in this recipe. The cilantro, tomatoes and yogurt sauce make this one seriously yummy dish. I used corn tortillas in order for the recipe to be gluten free. You can use flour tortillas though if you prefer them.
Fresh and Simple Fish Taco Recipe
- 1 cup grape tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime
- 1/2 sweet onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or green or red cabbage sliced into narrow strips
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound whitefish - Tilapia or other whitefish
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 to rtillas use corn if gluten free
- 1 avocado cut into strips
- Cut lime in half and juice. Slice other half into wedges.
- Combine tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt and half the lime juice.
- In another bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, and remaining lime juice.
- Combine coleslaw mix/ cabbage with 2 tablespoons of yogurt sauce in another bowl.
- Reserve extra sauce.
- Sprinkle whitefish with chili powder, black pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grill fish or cook in olive oil in a large pan. Cook 3 minutes in pan then flip and cook two minutes more.
- Serve by placing whitefish on top of tortillas and then adding homemade salsa, cabbage mix, avocado, and yogurt sauce.
Don’t forget to sign up below for our emails so you are notified of our next simple and tasty recipe (plus lots of other fun stuff!).
Want more easy and tasty Mexican inspired recipes?
Is Getting Dinner on the Table Every Night a Challenge? This can help! Learn Simple Ways to Meal Plan.
Sign up for the Everyday Savvy newsletter and get a meal planning checklist and weekly meal planner sheet.