I am always on the look out for quick and easy recipes that help me get dinner on the table fast. This easy red pepper chicken recipe does just that. You can make it very simply by seasoning the chicken and cooking it in a pan. This recipe is great for picky eaters too because you can control the amount of seasoning on each chicken piece. My kids prefer a bit less seasoning on their chicken and with recipes like this that is simple. If you want to take this recipe to the next level, you can also make a sauce with a bit of cream cheese, heavy cream and bacon and top everything with it. It isn’t as healthy but it sure is yummy! You really can’t go wrong with heavy cream and bacon. Mmmmm.
See the full printable recipe below.
Looking for other quick and easy chicken recipes? Check these out.
Quick & Easy Red Pepper Recipe
Quick & Easy Red Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 2 Pounds chicken breasts
- 1 Red pepper sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- ¼ Cup green onions sliced
- ½ Tsp chili pepper chopped
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- ½ Tsp ginger powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, season the chicken with the salt, pepper, chili pepper, onion powder and ginger powder.
- Transfer to a skillet or pan over medium heat and cook each side for 8 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and cook for additional 4-5 minutes.
- Serve, side with rice and corn.
- Tips: You can also make a sauce with a bit of cream cheese, heavy cream and bacon and top everything with it.
Is Getting Dinner on the Table Every Night a Challenge? This can help! Learn Simple Ways to Meal Plan.
Sign up for the Everyday Savvy newsletter and get a meal planning checklist and weekly meal planner sheet.