These business casual summer outfits are great business attire that can be mixed and matched for lots of outfits for the office. These pieces mix and match for 15 business casual outfits that will have you looking great this summer. Be sure to check out our many Business Casual Outfits for Women for even more great outfit suggestions.
Business Casual Summer Outfits for Women
If your office has a casual dress code and you need to dress business casual in the summer, it is nice to add summer colors and florals. We also included business casual pants and a business casual skirt. You can even add business casual summer shoes like the D’Orsay Flats in this business casual summer capsule wardrobe. These business clothes would also be a great travel set that can help you look great on the go with just a carry-on. Business professional attire doesn’t need to be boring or expensive. These pieces have cute prints and style.
These business casual women plus size outfits help show how with a few basic pieces you can layer and have a whole new look! You can use any jewelry you already own to also add a different look these outfits. I am a huge fan of Jane for fashion jewelry at great prices. You can add a bit of flair with some long necklaces or statement necklaces.
Summer Business Casual
When the weather starts to heat up, it can be tough to know what clothes are appropriate for work. You want something that will keep you cool and comfortable, but you also don’t want to look too casual or inappropriate. Here are a few tips for dressing casually in the summer without looking too laid-back:
- Dress in lightweight materials like cotton or silk that are breathable and cool.
- If pants are your typical business attire, go for white, cream, or beige to avoid excess sweating.
- For skirts and dresses, stay away from dark colors and opt for lighter ones instead.
- Business casual clothing should consist of loose fabric, not a restrictive pencil skirt.
- Tank tops with short sleeves are great for summer work outfits because they allow air to circulate below the knee and up the skirt.
- Camisoles and short-sleeved blouses are great ways to stay cool in summer business casual attire – just make sure they’re not too sheer!
- You should add clothes to your wardrobe that will help you feel confident in an office environment – even if that means opting for a more conservative style than you usually wear outside of work.
How should I dress for business casual in the summer?
The key to dressing for business casual in the summer is to choose clothes that are comfortable and professional but not formal.
Business casual typically consists of pants or a skirt, a blouse, and closed-toe shoes. Wearing shorts varies by job title and industry. So it’s important to pay attention to what’s considered appropriate attire in your industry or field.
What should women wear to work in the summer?
The warmer weather means it’s time to switch out your heavy winter clothes for something a little more lightweight. But what should you wear to work when the temperature starts to rise?
Business casual attire is just as varied as fashion trends, so it can be tough to know what’s appropriate in the summertime.
There are many different types of clothing that can be considered for business casual outfits in the summer. Shorts, skirts, dresses, and slacks are all acceptable options – but again, it depends on the company and location. You may also want to consider light-colored tops or blouses instead of dark colors like black and navy blue.
If you’re looking for some outfit inspiration, this article provides many different looks that will help you stay cool and stylish at work this season!
Links to each piece in these cute summer business casual outfits are below. Be to scroll down to find the ones you are interested in. Here are some more close-up pictures. We include the item numbers of each piece of the outfit based on your suggestions.
Summer Business Casual Capsule Wardrobe
- Nine West Curvy Magic Waist Barely Bootcut Dress Pants, Light Taupe Birdseye Text
- Nine West Millennium Tummy-Control Pull-On Skinny Pants, Navy Texture
- Nine West High Rise Wide-Leg Crop Pants, Mocha Frosting
- Simply Vera Vera Wang Wide-Leg Pull-On Pants, Faded Florals
- Sonoma Goods For Life® Button Front Midi Skirt, Neutral Stripe
- Nine West Short Sleeve Easy Lapel Shirt, Sergio Olive
- Nine West High Neck Smocked Tank, White
- Nine West Tie Waist Wrap Top, Daisey Dew
- LC Lauren Conrad Cascading Ruffle Tank, Mauve Jewel
- LC Lauren Conrad Button-Front Puff Sleeve Top, Green Leaves
- Journee Collection Ekko Women’s Flats, Brown
- Journee Collection Corinne Tru Comfort Foam Flats, Tan
- Nine West Josie Jet Set Satchel Bag, Begonia
- Nine West Essential Lightweight Cardigan, Dusty Salt Heather
I hope this cute business attire helps inspires you to wear styles you love and simplify the hassle of getting dressed for the office every day.
You can return any of the Business Casual Summer Outfits that don’t work to your local Kohl’s store. If you are unsure about sizing, just order both sizes and return the one that doesn’t fit. It makes shopping so much easier.
Don’t forget to sign up for our emails so you are notified of the next mix and match outfit board, get a free guide on how to make your own capsule (plus lots of other fun stuff!) and be sure to let us know which other stores you would like to see featured.
We put together the following Summer Business Casual outfits last year. Some pieces are available and some are sold out. However, it is still great for inspiration.
Summer Business Casual for Women
- Women’s Lee® Secretly Shapes Twill Straight-Leg Pants in black
- Women’s Croft & Barrow® Effortless Stretch Skort in heather smoke
- Women’s Croft & Barrow® Effortless Stretch Scallop- Hem Skort in bright white
- Juniors’ SO® Bodycon Side Slit Mini Skirt in black
- Women’s Croft & Barrow® Classic Pull-On Dress Pants in heather taupe
- Women’s Apt. 9® Clean-Front Dolman-Sleeve Top in sonia rose
- Women’s Apt. 9® Zipper-Front Top in multi floral
- Women’s Apt. 9® Roll-Tab Tunic Top in white floral
- Petite Croft & Barrow® Three Quarter Sleeve Pintuck Top in pink floral – not petite? consider these alternatives – Roll-Tab Button-Front Shirt or Georgette Elastic-Cuff Top
- Petite Croft & Barrow® Side-Cinch Sleeveless Henley Top in blue patchwork – not petite? consider these alternatives – Roll-Tab Linen-Blend Henley Top in blue stripe or Vera Wang Smock Neck Tank in flower blur
- Journee Collection Reba Women’s D’Orsay Flats in black
- Dr. Scholl’s Far Out Women’s Espadrille Flats in oyster
- LC Lauren Conrad Presley Convertible Tote in black
- Freshwater by HONORA 10k Gold Freshwater Cultured Pearl Stud Earrings
If your office gets cool you may want to add in an Open-Front Long Cardigan to throw on over these blouses.
Most of these items are out of stock or the colors listed here are not listed on the store site. Looks like it could be a nice capsule — maybe I could just do a few pieces. A micro capsule…
Sorry things sell out so quickly sometimes. You can always search for similar pieces as well.