Valentine’s Day is a very special time for every little boy and girl especially when they go to school on the special Holiday. This year I wanted to create something super adorable for my daughter to hand out to her classmates at school and of course I wanted to stay on a budget as well. I didn’t want to give the traditional candy this year as that’s been done over and over again.
While browsing Target dollar spot I came across a pack of Mystical Ponies that included 20 ponies for just $1. This was an amazing steal andI grabbed a few packs. I created some printable baggie toppers to go with the ponies to make this project complete.
DIY Pony Printable Baggy Topper Valentine
- Snack or Sandwich Ziploc Baggies
- Free Pony Valentine Baggy Topper (click to download)
- Mystical Ponies (found at Target) – or My Little Pony Figurines Playset or I think these would be cute with ponytail holders for older girls. (Catch my play on words 🙂 )
- Adhesive tape Roller (found at Dollar Tree) or stapler
- White Cardstock Paper
- Colored Printer
- First off you’re going to want to fill your Ziploc baggies with about 8-10 ponies each, depending how many bags you need to fill.
- Close the bag and ensure the zipper closure is in place, you don’t want those ponies getting loose.
- Now head over and print out the Free Pony Valentine Baggy Topper. I have sized them perfectly to fit the standard width of Ziploc baggies and they’ll fold over perfectly to ensure a great fit. Each sheet will print 2 baggy toppers and feel free to print as many as you wish.
- Once the print is complete just cut around the edge of the toppers and get ready for the easiest assembly ever.
- Fold the toppers in half and make a crease than lay the patterned side face down and apply your adhesive tape roller.
- Take your topper and firmly hold it over the top of your bag to ensure it stays put until removed.
- If you choose to use a stapler just hold the topper over the top of your baggie and staple the left and right side to hold in place.
- That’s it. Your kids are going to have a blast handing out these DIY Pony Valentines this Valentine’s Day.
This is so simple but looks like you spent hours making special treats. Don’t worry, we won’t let anyone know your secret.
Don’t forget about our adorable EOS Lip Balm Valentine too! This one also has a free printable.
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Get free printables and tips! Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.