I am a sucker for coffee drinks but buying them at the coffee shop can get expensive quick. You can get the same taste with our peppermint mocha recipe that you can make at home for much much less. You can make it just as fancy with whipped cream and crushed peppermints too! It really is very simple to make and you can make just one or multiply the recipe to make peppermint mochas for a crowd.
In a saucepan, whisk cocoa, sugar, milk and peppermint extract together over medium heat. Be sure to whisk briskly until hot and you have worked up a froth. Brew your favorite coffee. (If you are making just one, I like to just make a K-Cup. I like to use these expresso style K-cups) Pour cocoa mixture into your coffee and top with whip cream if desired and garnish with candy canes. YUM!
The full printable recipe is below.
Peppermint Mocha Recipe
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- ½ cup super strong coffee
- ¼ tsp pure peppermint extract
- In a saucepan, whisk cocoa, sugar, milk and peppermint extract together over medium heat.
- Whisk briskly until hot, working up a froth.
- Brew your favorite coffee
- Pour cocoa mixture into your coffee.
- Top with whip cream if desired and garnish with candy canes
Don’t forget to sign up for our emails so you are notified of our next simple and tasty recipe (plus lots of other fun stuff!).
Want more easy and tasty recipes?