Getting breakfast on the table quickly can be a challenge. This recipe for make ahead sausage egg cheese muffins will make your mornings so easy. You just prepare the sausage egg cheese muffins ahead of time and freeze them. When you are ready to eat them, all you have to do is pop them in the microwave. It is so easy even your kids can prepare them!
Here are a few pictures of the recipe in process. Full recipe is below.
Fill the cups about ¾ of the way full with the hash browns.
Take half of the shredded cheese and sprinkle in the bottom of the cups. Repeat with half of the sausage crumble.Whisk the eggs together and fill the cups until almost full. Top with the second half of cheese and sausage.
- 4 cups shredded hash browns, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ pound sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- In a large bowl combine the hash browns, butter, salt and pepper.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill the cups about ¾ of the way full with the hash browns.
- Press with your fingers to mold the hash browns to the cups all the way to the top. Try to make the sides the same thickness all the way around for even cooking. Make sure there are hash browns on the bottom of the cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until they are starting to brown. Let cool slightly.
- Reduce oven to 350˚.
- Take half of the shredded cheese and sprinkle in the bottom of the cups.
- Repeat with half of the sausage crumble.
- Whisk the eggs together and fill the cups until almost full.
- Top with the second half of cheese and sausage.
- Bake until eggs are set, 20-25 minutes.
- To freeze: Let cool for two hours, then place muffins in a ziploc gallon bag until you're ready to enjoy. Microwave for a few minutes before serving for breakfast.
Don’t forget to sign up for our emails so you are notified of our next simple and tasty recipe (plus lots of other fun stuff!).
[grwebform url=”http://app.getresponse.com/view_webform.js?wid=6295103&u=eCNc” css=”on”/]
Want more easy and tasty recipes?
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.