My entire family loves Easter and we always seem to acquire so many plastic Easter eggs after the holiday has come and gone. I always try to think of fun and creative ways to upcycle these boring plastic Easter eggs and this year I decided to do Chalkboard Easter Eggs. These are so easy to make and you and your kids can have so much fun decorating them with designs and cute, short sayings or designs!
Chalkboard Easter Eggs
What you need:
- Chalkboard Paint
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Newspaper (or anything to lay them on while they dry)
- Chalk – (Chalk markers would make be fun too!)
- Grab your plastic easter eggs and lay them flat on your piece of newspaper.
- Grab your flat paint brush and pour your chalkboard paint on to the top of the brush.
- Carefully start painting your easter eggs making sure to get all angles.
- Allow to dry for up to 30 minutes before applying your 2nd coat.
- Once they’re dry apply your second coat following the same steps as before. (Its okay if a little of the colored eggs shows through the paint, it’s a great way to add character. )
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Once my eggs were completely dried I took some plain white chalk and start doodling the cute sayings of Love, Family, Blessed and Easter! You can write anything or your kids can make designs.
- Lay them out on a dish, on the table or lounging around the house.
- Enjoy this fun and easy Easter project with the kids.
Be sure to check out our other Easter posts.
Subscribe to the News
Like what you see here? Be sure to sign up to get the latest right in your inbox.