It’s that time of year again! The days are getting longer, the weather is getting warmer and Easter is just around the corner. Easter is a great excuse to get your home looking its best for the season. If you’re looking for some simple and festive Easter home decorations, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll share a few ideas that will help you get your home ready for Easter. Also, be sure to check out our easy party planning ideas for an Easter party or get-together.
Easter Home Decorations
What are some simple festive decorations for Easter? Adding some cheerful decorations to your home is a great way to get into the spirit of the season. Here are some examples of festive Easter decorations with links to buy and are fairly inexpensive.
Budget Easter Home Decor
- C&F Home Floral Bunny Embroidered Easter Waffle Weave Kitchen Towel
- 13.5″ Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Easter Wreath – Spritz
- Easter Egg Wreath – Threshold
- Easter Egg Decorative Filler – Threshold
- 5pc Wooden Nesting Easter Egg Figurine Set – Spritz
- Easter Flower Decorative Filler – Threshold
- Ribbed Plush Throw Blanket – Room Essentials
- Woven Sitting Easter Bunny Figurine – Threshold
- Carrot Decorative Easter Filler – Threshold
- Easter Flower Wreath – Threshold
- Bunny Wall Hanging Easter Wreath – Threshold
- Bunny Applique Easter Square Throw Pillow Peach – Spritz
- 8″ Pom Filled Easter Bunny Decorative Figurine – Spritz
- 10″ Melamine Dinner Plate – Spritz
- 17.75″x15.75″ ‘Happy Easter’ Fabric Wall Art – Spritz
Easter Hunt Scavenger Hunt Clues
Grab this free printable with fun Easter Hunt Riddles. The perfect activity for Easter morning.
What to consider when decorating for Easter
1. Easter Decorations
Popular Easter decorations include topiaries in bunny and tree shapes, floral wreaths, and decorated eggs and bunnies. For a more traditional look, ceramic bunny figurines make a great addition to mantels and tabletops. Personalized Easter home decorations, like wall decorations, crosses, and springtime accents, are also popular. You can also find Easter décor in varied styles, such as vintage, modern, or religious. Taper or scented candles in cheerful Easter colors, artificial or real magnolia branches, moss and forsythia branches, and daffodils are all popular options for bringing the Easter spirit into your home.
2. Bunny Decorations
For Easter, bunny decorations are a great way to add a festive touch to your home. From traditional ceramic bunny figurines to topiaries and decorative accents, there are plenty of options to choose from. For example, you can find sisal Easter bunnies, flocked bunnies and bunny arrows for a whimsical and traditional look.
If you’re looking for an Easter theme or style, there are also Easter decorations in religious and secular styles with crosses, springtime accents and eggs. For a festive centerpiece, consider an Easter tree with eggs and bunnies, or opt for a more subtle approach with decorative Easter banners and signs. To add a touch of springtime cheer to your home, add a few bunny ornaments, or try a 2-piece Easter bunnies dangling legs novelty towel set. There’s also a range of wall decorations, like a resin triple bunny welcome sign or a Thanksgiving turkey welcome wall decor. No matter what you choose, you can find all the Easter decorations you need for a hoppy holiday.
3. Spring Accents
What are some spring accents to consider for Easter decorations? To add a festive touch to your home for Easter, consider decorating with seasonal blossom branches, floral wreaths, decorated eggs, bunnies and chick figurines, taper or scented candles in pastel colors, and a floral garland for your doorway or banister. To make a statement, add a crystal vase with etchings of spring foliage. Complete your look with colorful yard stakes, Easter door signs, and serveware. Faux floral arrangements make a great accent piece too!
6. Easter Eggs
Easter eggs are a popular decoration for the Easter season, symbolizing new beginnings and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter eggs are usually decorated with bright colors, such as pastels or neons, and can be dyed, painted, or even covered in glitter and sequins. In some cultures, Easter eggs are given as gifts, while other cultures hide them during an Easter egg hunt. Easter eggs are popular for decorating because they are a fun, festive way to honor the religious and cultural importance of Easter. Additionally, they are easy to find and relatively inexpensive, making them accessible to everyone.
What decorations to have in your home for Easter
What decorations are needed for an Easter home decoration?
To create a festive and joyful Easter home decor, you will need a variety of decorations including a floral wreath, decorative eggs, bunnies and chick figurines, taper or scented candles in Easter colors, pastel balloons, an Easter basket filled with fresh tulips, a bird’s nest made of rosemary, gingham placemats, pastel taper candles, hand-painted eggs, embroidered bunny cocktail napkins, and topiaries. By incorporating these decorations into your home, you can create a sophisticated and elegant Easter tablescape.
How to create a festive look with the things you have around your house
Creating a festive look in your home for Easter doesn’t have to be complicated. With a few simple decorations and some creativity, you can have a beautiful Easter display in no time. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to create a festive look with the things you have around your house for Easter:
- Gather your items. Look around your house for items you can use to decorate. This can include craft items such as paper, ribbon, and markers, as well as items like candles, plants, and vases.
- Create a centerpiece. Place a vase or two in the center of your display and fill it with pastel colored flowers or greenery. You can also make a centerpiece out of paper by folding and cutting it into shape.
- Create a backdrop. Choose a wall or other space to hang decorations. Hang garlands, string lights, and other festive items to create a bright and colorful backdrop.
- Accessorize. Place bunnies, eggs, and other Easter-themed items around your space. You can also make unique pieces of art for your display by painting eggs or using colored paper to create shapes.
- Add finishing touches. Place candles around the room for extra ambiance, and top your tables with festive tablecloths.
By following these easy steps, you’ll have a beautiful Easter display to enjoy all season long.
When should you start decorating for easter?
It’s time to get ready for Easter, but when should you start decorating? The date for Easter varies each year, typically falling between March 22 and April 25, so it’s best to start decorating two to four weeks before Easter Sunday. Alternatively, you can use the spring equinox date to kick off your spring decorations. Or, if you’re looking to start decorating earlier, you can decide when the weather starts to get warmer.
For a festive touch, bring in fresh flowers, crisp light linens, and at least one or two bunny accents. If you want a sophisticated look, consider creating an Easter tablescape with a white tablecloth dotted with pretty paint along the edges or a floral masterpiece that celebrates spring colors. You can also opt for traditional decorations like topiaries, or decorate with nature by using artificial or real magnolia branches, moss, faux forsythia branches and daffodils.
Whatever you choose to do, get inspired and have fun decorating for the Easter holiday!
EASTER PARTY FOOD IDEAS
- Cute & Fun Easter Cupcakes
- Jelly Bean Bark
- Sprinkles Gooey Easy Cake Bar Recipe
- Easter Egg Hot Chocolate Bomb
- Peeps Easter Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipe